Chapter 8 - Anthropologie and Siblings

Hey guys,

So FINALLY updated ANYL!

Enjoy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finished the work within a few hours surprisingly, considering the kids were running around the apartment like a herd of elephants. I think that I'll have a constant pounding in my ears after they've gone plus a complaint from the neighbours' downstairs. I never liked the neighbours anyway.

Today we're all going shopping, yay! Not. Thankfully John and the kids are coming too so I won't be the only one being reluctantly dragged around looking at clothes and anything else that takes their fancy. I can't even sneak off either because none of them know their way around and I'm on 'look out for nice shops and making sure we don't get lost' duty, according to Nat. Though I'm not sure I'm the one to depend on to look out for nice shops because when it comes to clothes I either buy work clothes, stuff that I find comfortable or the occasional dress to wear at the club. Nat is the complete opposite, always looking glam.

I'm soo glad Brook is meeting up with us when she gets off work.

"What did you say Hun?" Looking up, I notice that Nat has stopped walking and is looking at me. Did I say that out loud? Whoops.

"Oh nothing. Just thought I saw another shop that's all." Damn, why did I just tell her that? Great Ellie now you're going to get dragged in and it'll take you ages to drag both your mother and sister-in-law out of there!

"Ooh, really?! Let's go!" See told you...

Apparently I had spotted Anthropologie which do sell comfy clothes so thankfully I like this store. If it was somewhere like Zara, I probably wouldn't want to go in.

Nat had dragged John and Danny of to look in the men's section and Jane had tagged along with wherever mom went to so I was left to browse.

"I shouldn't be surprised to see you here but I didn't take you for someone who shopped in here." I glace up from the rack that I was looking through and see my boss' brother, Evan Westwood, and a brunette woman.

"Mr Westwood, er, hi."

"Evan, please. So my brother finally let you out of that office of his then."

"Yeah I've got two weeks off, well a week and a half now. My family are in the country."

"Oh yeah, I remember Nate saying something about your family being from Britain, right?" I nod and he carries on talking, all the while the brunette is eyeing me. "He also said something about you going in the other day to collect some stuff to work on at home. You really don't get this vacation idea do you? You're supposed to be taking it easy not working."

"I know but I wanted to make sure that I know what I'm doing for when a get back is all." I chance another glace at the brunette woman but this time Evan notices.

"Oh right, you don't know our sister do you? Ellie this is Lily. Lily this is Ellie, Nathan's secretary. Lily's older than me and Nate, aren't you Lil?"

Lily holds out her. "Nice to meet you! So you're Nathan's secretary, huh? Well, if my brother is ever a boar to you, which I should image is quite a lot, just casually bring up the time when he forgot to take his socks off when he went swimming at school when he was ten. That should make him pipe down!" I like her already! Laughing, I reach out my hand and shake hers.

"Nice to meet you too. And I'll remember that, thanks!"

"Lil, please stop with the embarrassing stories." Evan whines with what looks akin to puppy dog eyes.