Chapter 4 - Lies, More Lies and Colds (Nathan's POV)

Hey everyone!

This is chapter 4, it's in Nathan's POV, so enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathan's POV

Ok I have to admit that Saturday night at the club I wasn't drunk. Hell, I'd only had two bourbon on the rocks. Not enough to get me drunk. So yes I did lie to Ellie about being drunk and I couldn't help but think she looked gorgeous when she was blushing like that. I think I'm starting to appreciate my little secretary a bit more now ever since the chat with Evan, my brother, in my office over a week ago.

---

"Nate!" Evan bro hugged me. There were five of us including me; Francis, Lily, me, Evan and then the twins Jack and Henry. Evan was younger than me by eighteen months and everyone said that they thought that we were the twins because we looked more alike than the twins did. "I just talked to Ellie out there, she's gotten hotter since the last time I saw her. And feistier! If you aren't gonna tap that then at least let me! Is she a good secretary?"

"Yeah, she is."

"Hmm... I might steal her from you then." He says with a triumphant grin.

At that I felt a wave of possessiveness come over me. Yes, Ellie was beautiful and I had noticed the looks that guy from finance had been giving her. Yet she never paid attention to him. But I would never let my brother take her away from me: 1. because he would harass her no end and she shouldn't have to work in that environment because she had enough of that with me and my flings, and 2. she is a valuable employee; she works hard and is insanely organised. "The hell you are! She's my secretary stop trying to steal my employee's!"

"Oooh, so you have a thing for the hotness in the office? I wonder what said hotness would make of that?!"

"Evan..." I feel the start of headache coming on so I rub my temples with my hands. "I do not, I repeat, do not have a thing for Ellie."

---

Evan still doesn't believe me now, every time he walks in my office he says something like; "so tapped that hotness yet?" or "ask her out before I do!". To be honest it is starting to piss me off. I have another meeting with him today but I really cannot be bothered to see him today because he'll just keep saying that shit to me. Plus, when I woke up this morning I was full of a cold so my head is a little woolly today.

"Nate!" Ev shouted as he walked into my office. I grimaced, his voice giving me an even worse headache.

"Urgh... Would you please shut up Ev?"

"Wow bro, you look like shit. You ok?"

"No, I have a stupid headache and you coming in here shouting has made it a thousand times worse." Yes I was melodramatic when I'm ill.

"Bro maybe you should go home, you really do look like the world and his dog shat on you."

"Fine, after you leave I'll go home. I don't want you stealing my employee's while I'm gone."

"Ha-ha. I'll take you home and ask Ellie to bring your work home later, yeah?"

"I can get home by myself you know, I don't need my baby brother looking after me."

"I'm driving you so shut up."

"Fine."

"I'll just go tell Ellie you're leaving early and get to come over later to drop your stuff off. Can she drive?"