Isobel

Paris France

Robert knew the chances he would come back alive were slim but luckily His wife was attending a peace conference anyway so this was a great opportunity to see her again. He was on his motorcycle driving through the busy streets he began to reflect whilst he made his way to the British embassy.

Kensington England 1990

Robert had just joined the SAS with the rank of Lance Corporal, he was only 19 but he was fierce, determined and a damn good solider.Robert had just finished a tour in the Gulf, he had saved the life of an equally young Intelligence Officer that just happened to also be his best friend, Agent Alister Locke from insurgents that would've taken his head off otherwise.

Alister recommended that Robert be promoted to Sergeant a huge achievement for a 22 year old but all the arrangements weren't sorted yet.
After Alister told his family about what happened and the fact Robert didn't exactly have permanent accommodation, his family insisted they meet Robert and have him live with them until He got his own place. Robert was anxious he knew he wouldn't really fit in, sure Alister's his best friend but Robert isn't exactly a member of English high society like Alister.

As Alister was driving to his parents' house Robert was observing his surroundings, it became more apparent that him and Alister came from two different worlds.
"Rob it'll be fine I told them all about you, they've been on my back about this for weeks I can't dodge them anymore." Alister said with a smile.

"Maybe if you weren't such a drama queen they wouldn't have this romantic idea about what happened Ali." Robert said smirking.
"Alright we're here." Alister said calmly but Robert felt like he was about to engage the enemy, he then realised he was being ridiculous and he began to let his guard down. As Robert entered the Locke family home the difference in social class became more apparent.

"Welcome home Son, Your Mother and I have been watching the news the Gulf is a bloody mess right now we've been worried about you." Alister's dad said
"Dad I'm fine, look I came back in one piece didn't I." Alister said semi defensively.

"Ah where are my manners Lance Corporeal Thatcher it's nice to finally meet you." Mr Locke said.
"Ah don't worry about it ,you haven't seen Ali in months I don't mind the wait." all of a sudden Alister's mother came down stairs and was quick to give her son a heart-warming hug.
"Lance Corporeal Thatcher Alister has told us so much about you, do make yourself at home your Room is on the third floor and its the first door to your right." Alistair's mother said with warmth. Robert definitely felt out of place but they were all nice enough but it all felt fake, It's almost like Ali had to tell them to not be passively racist or something.

Robert went upstairs with his duffle bag, he didn't exactly have a lot of personal affects considering he moved out the care home after a argument/brawl with a member of staff he joined the Royal Parachute Regiment a week later, it beat being homeless by a mile.

He was almost in his room and suddenly out of nowhere a girl bumped into him, she'd just woken up by the looks of it she started strolling from her Room around the corner to greet her brother, Alistair did often talk about his sister Isobel during tours in northern Ireland and Iraq. He did say that she's quite headstrong. But Robert knew that all too well ,she's been learning the ropes of foreign relations from family friend Andrew Tenyson and well foreign negotiations can be dangerous business so Robert was assigned as his personal special forces bodyguard.

Isobel gave subtle hints that she was interested throughout the trip but she wasn't one to get flustered if anything Robert was the nervous one.
Robert was a working class lad as for Isobel well her blood was blue, literally she's 505th in line for the throne.
They didn't really get along at first because she believes diplomacy  but Robert believes the reverse is true.