Chapter Nineteen.

Morgan sat at a small round table, picking at her french fries. Beside her Wolf sat in a chair with Iris perched on one leg eating a sandwich, Wolf was drinking a beer, his arm lazily thrown across the back of Morgans chair.

Across the room Demon was downing his third shot and still trying to get Lacy to answer his calls.

Ty was playing pool and checking his watch every two minutes, probably wondering where Zeke and Becky were.

Sky and Jennifer were playing cards at a nearby table and seeming to have a great time doing so. Sky was most likely letting his little sister win.

"How much longer will we be here?" Morgan asked.

"Anxious to be rid of me already?" he teased.

"No, it's just....close company is all."

"Hopefully not much longer, Ivan is working now to try and find the man responsible for shooting Iris. Once we catch him, everything will unravel for King."

She glanced at Iris who was eating her sandwich while watching everyone, taking it all in like a tiny little sponge. Every swear word, every dirty joke, every argument and insult. Her baby girl was drinking it all up.

"I'm just worried about Iris being around all this."

"My men are harmless, they'd rather die than ever harm a child. I promise you that,"

"I know but....she's just a baby."

"I know it's hard, I know this life isn't what you wanted for her and it can be rough but, this is where you belong. You won't ever be safer or better taken care of."

His phone rang before she could say anything else and he answered it.

"Yeah?"

He paused for a minute then motioned for Morgan to take Iris. Once Morgan had lifted the child safely off his lap he stood and walked to the bar, speaking in a low tone.

She watched him lean against the bar, he was a handsome man. She couldn't believe he was interested in her. He had long, strong legs that were encased in tight blue jeans, a strong, muscular back under his leather jacket and his blue eyes were so piercing and bright.

When he came back to the table he didn't look happy.

"Is something wrong?" She asked.

"King is in the wind," He said.

"What does that mean?"

"He ran, he shook is tail, he's gone. Our only hope of catching him is to catch the one he hired to shoot Iris and see what they know."

"Do you think they'll talk?" She asked.

"No, I don't."

"I thought you had people watching him."

"I did, he got away some how. Hell if I know how he did it." He began shoving various items in his pockets, clearly preparing to leave.

"You don't think that Lacy...."She trailed off.

"I don't know, I hope not."

She glanced at the bar where Demon was downing another shot and dialing a number, most likely Lacy's. When nobody answered his call he grabbed the empty shot glass and spiked it into the floor. Wolf glared at him and he started towards them.

"Woah!" Wolf grabbed the larger man and stopped him.

"I gotta go find Lacy, I have to see her."