Part 4: Green

"And you're sure you'll be alright up here, while I go down to the bakery?" Her mother asked as she helped her lay on her pink chaise longue. As much as Marinette loved her loft bed, it was really inconvenient during times like this. Marientte tried not to groan as her mom helped her get more comfortable, she didn't need to worry her mom anymore than she already had.

"Of course, mom. Go ahead, you and Dad already had to close the bakery for a day to come to the hospital. Besides, the doctor said there wasn't much to be done, I just need rest." She tried to reassure her mom but she still looked unconvinced.

"Well I guess if you're sure, sweetie." Even though Sabine said that, she was still hovering hesitantly by the door.

"Mom, I'll text you if I need anything, okay?" Marinette said as she lifted her phone a bit, holding back a wince.

"Okay..." Sabine finally leaving through the trapdoor. Marinette listened intently until she heard the front door close. She waited five more seconds before she closed her eyes and groaned loudly.

"Are you okay, Marinette?" Her kwami asked worriedly as she flew out of her bag lying on the floor.

"Y-yeah..." Marinette said shakily. Her kwami came up to her and cuddled the cheek that didn't have a bruise on it. Marinette hmmed in appreciation.

"Really, Tikki, I'm okay. I'm just in a little bit of pain." Marinette reassured her kwami with a pained smile.

Her kwami shook her head with a sad smile.

"Well I expect so, you jumped off a two-story building and landed on concrete. "

"Mmm, true." Marinette murmured. Tikki opened her mouth to say something but then seemed to change her mind. Marinette didn't see Tikki's indecision, however, as her eyes were still closed. She was starting to get sleepy. She felt her kwami shift positions on her pillow beside her head and opened her eyes a bit. She saw Tikki looking at her desk. Her desk was covered with brightly colored flowers and get better cards. There was even a teddy bear from Nathanaël.

"It was nice of you're classmates to send you get well stuff, Marinette." Her kwami smiled at her.

"Yeah, it was. Sorry, Tikki, but I think I'm going to sleep for a while." Marinette murmured softly as her eyes closed again. Tikki giggled.

"Sure, Marinette." Tikki curled up next to her hero for a nap herself.

Marinette woke with a jump. She looked around, noticing her room was dark now. She must have been sleeping for a while.  She heard scratching noises coming from her roof, that must have been what woke her up. Maybe there's a cat up there, she mused as she let her eyes drift closed again. Suddenly her eyes widened as a thought came to her mind. There's no way...She thought. But her suspicions were confirmed when she heard knocking.  That stupid cat, she thought in annoyance. She got up with a groan.

"Marinette?" Tikki asked sleepily.

"Tikki, find somewhere to hide for a while." Marinette whispered as she made her way to the ladder that led to her bed and the balcony. She climbed up slowly, gritting her teeth against the pain. She wasn't supposed to be moving around too much yet, but here she was climbing a freaking ladder to let that stupid cat in. She was almost to the top when she heard knocking again.

"Oh, give me a minute, kitty." She grumbled.

She crawled onto her bed and moved to the middle to open the glass door above her bed that lead to the balcony. As she opened the door, low and behold green eyes stared at her through the darkness. They blinked once and she started to make out some other features as a voice came whispering out of the inky black;