Chapter 22

After my long hot bath, I went back in room. I took my phone to call Carlos.

"Hey, this is Carlos Sanchez, sorry I'm currently unavailable. Please call back later." I heard through the speaker of the phone.

I tried calling him again, he picked up on the tenth ring.

"Halo, Kally are you okay? You called be ten times. Is everything okay?" hearing my best friend voice brought me comfort. "I was in the shower, is everything okay. Kally, are you there?"

"Yea, I'm here. Can we talk?"

"Si, of course anytime. Now tell me what's wrong." He asked. I knew just by the sound of his voice that he was worried.

"Should I give up?"

"Give up? I don't understand."

"Give up staying here. Give up correcting another mistake my sister's made. What should I do? I don't know what to do." I had tears falling down my cheeks again.

"Sweetheart, tell me something, why did you go there in the first place?" he asked.

"I don't know. My heart told me it was the right thing to do."

"Your heart told you to go there. Okay I see. Do you forgive your sister for hurting you?" he asked the hardest question a person can answer. Do I forgive her?

"I don't know. It's hard. She's the reason why my life is such a mess. I lost my job because of her. My name is marked in the industry as bad. I can't get any work that will fit me. I live in a small apartment, I barely can provide for myself. But do I forgive her. I don't know." I sobbed through the phone. Do I forgive her. I don't think so.

"Are you happy?" the next hardest question a person can be faced with. Am I happy?

"I'm happy here, yes but not at home in New York. When I'm here I don't have to worry about waking early or having something to eat and those things, you could say I'm happy."

"Sweetheart, I'm talking about real happiness. If you want to be truly happy you have to forgive her. Forgive her for making your life a hell because you know what?"

"What?" I asked.

"Everything happens for a reason. You might not see the reason yet but everything happens for a reason. You're sad now but once you truly forgive her, I'll be happy and you can have a stress free life. A life were you don't have to worry so much. Kally, you have to realize that your happiness depends on your past. If you keep living in the past and that's ruining your future. Let it out. I want back my jolly old painter friend who have the sickest dance moves. Now I want to hear you laugh and smile like the girl I fell in love with at first sight."

And I did laugh at his statement, everyone knew Carlos is on the other side. That's why I loved him unconditionally, there's no one like him.

"See, my princesa just laughed. I want you to stay that way. Just remember I love you and I'll always be with you. Forever, till' death do us part." He said. I never doubt Carlos love for me. He's the only one who has being there through the years for me.

"I love you too, Carlos." I said as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Now Sweetheart I have to go. I have an event I have to be present at. Bye." He end the call.

Sigh, I miss him, when life gets too tough he was my pillow to cry on.

I heard a knock on my door. I knew I was Alexander because Ms. Wilson went to visit her family. He enter but I still didn't look in his direction. I heard his footsteps get closer until I felt the bed sink. That's when I decide to turn around.

"We need to talk," he said in a flat tone. A scene of déjà vous came along.