Chapter 35

I laid back under the umbrella and took in the breeze from the ocean. One the most things I loved about being here was that the ocean air was refreshing and calm. I love watching the waves move in the ocean. The view was immaculate for an art piece. Since I've here, I tried my best to capture the surroundings. Being here in Los Angles was amusing. I loved it here I didn't want to leave.

Henrique is currently playing with his toy not too far from me. I obverse him as he place sand in the bucket. My heart was heavy. How could someone abandon him? He is a bundle of joy. The one question that I'm yet to know is why my sister left him here. Why did she abandon her child? Is something wrong with her? Or is she just plain mean. I really don't know. When we growing up, she was never a fan of children but she was never mean to them either. When we played dolly house, she always said she'd get married and have children. did her goal change? Maybe. After receiving the letter from the model agency she was a completely different person. She become conceited. Never gave a damn. She even slept with my fiancé. I really don't know what she's capable of anymore. Can she love anyone? Does she love anyone? Clearly not because if she did, she wouldn't have left her first child, if he was her first child anyways.

I sigh and close my eyes. I was tired. Henrique hasn't take any nap since this morning and he looked so energetic like he doesn't planning on having any. I tried fighting the sleep that was coming on me but it seem so impossible. I closed my eyes for a second. Only one second. Nothing is going to go wrong in one second.

I heard Henrique let out a giggle. I quickly opened my eyes. I looked with sleepy eyes at him. he was looking at me smiling. Why was he smiling? I lazily returned his smile but soon founded my eyes falling back down. He looked perfectly fine to me. He was still at his bucket close to me and far from the water. He was fine.

Two seconds after closing my eyes I felt something warm on my neck. I let out a scream. I was so frighten I end up falling off the chair. My heart was literally out of my chest. I was frightened out of my mind. Who the hell did that? I turned around quickly to see Alex holding his stomach and trying hard not to laugh.

So he's the intruder. "Why would you do that? You scared the hell out of me" I said to Alex with an angry tone. I was completely serious. My heart was still beating fast that the outbreak. It was not every day I have people frightening me and the worst part was my neck. Since I'm tickled, my neck was one place I protect.

He looked up me with a different expression than before. This one was of worry and not of folly. "Oh my, I'm sorry. It was meant to be a joke. To see how you'd react. I'm sorry." I looked at him with a death glare and remained silent so he continued. "I've never seen you like this. I've seen you looked pissed off, sad, annoyed, happy but never angry. I must have really pushed your buttons. I'm sorry, okay. I won't do it again. I was trying to be fun, I guess I failed at that." I looked at him, he was truly sorry and I saw it in his green eyes. I couldn't stay mad at him again, he looked so cute so I forgave him. I smiled inwardly. He turn to leave and before he could take his first step I took up some sand and throw it was his back. I smiled at my work, his expensive suit was a mess.

He turned around with a shocked look but I quickly changed to a smirk when he saw that I had a grin on my face. He walked to me slowly then I realize what he planned to do. I quickly got to my feet and made a run for it. He was closely behind me but I still ran anyways. I become a little out of breath so I slowed down. Alex grabbed me from behind, I end up falling, and since he was holding on to me, he also fell. Now we were in the most awkward position on earth. He was laying on top of me, our faces only inches apart. Our eyes locking, grey against blue. He lowered his head and brought his lips to mine. He kissed me slowly on the lips until I parted my mouth and expected him in. I closed my eyes and kissed him. We kissed slowly, which was weird considering Alex was always in a rush. I let out all the thoughts I had and started kissing him back with same passion he was kissing me. This was the most intimate kiss we've ever shared. It felt special.

He pulled away slowing until he were no longer kissing. I opened my eyes slowly, that kiss had such a huge effect on me and it had my head spinning. I opened my eyes and I say him looking at me with a smile, a genuine one. I couldn't help but smile back. We sat there on the sand staring into each others eyes until he heard a yelp.

We look around and saw Henrique banging the bucket in the sand and was letting out little screams. I smiled immediately. I turn to look at Alex and he was also smiling. He seem to sense my staring because he looked at me and smile.

He came off me and stands up. He held his hands out so I can also stand up. I took his hands and I was pulled up, yet again ending in his arms. Did I mention he had a wonderful biceps? Well, if I didn't he does. I looked up at him and saw that he was staring but he wasn't moved. He just continued staring.

"What are you doing to me?" he said in a husky voice. My heart starting beating fast as he said those words. My mind didn't register the fact that he left me and went over to Henrique, no my heart and mind was thinking about his words. What are you doing to me?. If only he knew he was wrong.

Being around him made my heart skipped a beat, my cheeks red and I even forgive him for his follies. No the question is "What the hell are you doing to me?"