Chapter 29

*Carter's POV*

I stared at Val, confused and puzzled... confuzzeled.

Wait, that's already a word. I think, isn't it in one of those commercials? Why am I thinking of commercials when Val just told me my father was looking at me right now? I'm so concerned for my mental stability right now.

"Wait. What are you talking about?" I ask confused, my eyebrows furrowed together as I sat up straighter.

"Me, Carter. I'm your biological father." He said calmly.

Emotion spread through me quick. Confusion, sadness, anger, betrayal. This was the man who gave me up just because he couldn't get along with the father of my half sister. I wanted to hate him, hate the man who abandoned me. But I couldn't, it seemed it was impossible to hate the man before me. He did abandon me, yes. But he brought me into this world, and left me with the most amazing brothers I could ask for.

Although I didn't hate him, there was no way I could love him until he proved himself as a father. As my father.

My eyes narrowed slightly as I looked at Val. "You may be my biological father, but you're not my father yet, Val." I say coldly.

His eyes flash with shock and slight pain before returning to a blank expression. "What do you mean? How am I not your father yet?" He asked confuzzeled, that is so my favorite word right now!

"Well Val, it's like one of those coming of age films, you know?" I say with a smile while he only looks frustrated. "In our movie, you are the father who abandoned his daughter and you guys are just reunited, alright? So you have to prove your ability to serve as the father figure in her life. And to do that you have to save her from the idiot who kidnapped her so she can return to her boyfriend and friends. And then you meet this girl who you end up marrying. Then you and your daughter make up and everyone lives happily ever after. So let's start with scene one, you have to get me out of here." I say quickly before holding up my restrained hands.

Val only stared at me, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Are you always like this?" He asks finally, running his hands down his face.

"Like what, crazy, mentality unstable, talkative, all of the above? No, not really. But I'm really hungry and I could go for some fruit loops right now so..." I say biting my lip and shoving my hands towards him.

"Carter," he sighs, shaking his head. "I don't think I can do that." He says.

"Why not?" I demand. "You seem like a tough guy. Just look at your caterpillar tattoo."

"That's a snake." He says staring at me like I'm an idiot.

I shake my head. "Caterpillar." I argue.

"No Carter, it's a snake." He presses.

"Well I don't like snakes, and caterpillars are nicer, although one pooped on me once, but let's not talk about that." I say shaking my head.

"Carter, just calm down please." Val sighs, standing and beginning to pace the room. "I can't let you go." He says.

"Ugh!" I exclaim. "You just ruined my movie. That's it your fired, go get me another actor." I say.

"Carter!" He shouts, his blue eyes narrowed at me. "This isn't a joke! Why can't you see that!?" He demands.

My eyebrows furrowed as I stared at Val. "You're not my father. The only thing we have in common is our hair and that's it. You're mean, you're a poophead, a jerkbutt and a smellyface." I say pouting.

"Stop! Is everything a joke to you!? This is real life Carter, you've been kidnapped and I'm your father and I can't do anything about it!" He exclaims, running his hands through his hair.