Enders (9)

I was really starting to think that Aiden was never happy unless he was complaining.

Today, Hank and Nay had given us the day off. But it wasn't just any day off. They were giving us an all-paid trip to a spa. Aiden, of course, was not happy with that. And surprisingly, Dex wasn't either.

"Guys don't go to the spa," Aiden complained.

"They couldn't have let us just do what we wanted with our day?" Dex sighed.

It was rare to see these two actually agree with each other, but it didn't mean that it wasn't over something annoying. We still got the day off with no training or missions and they were still complaining.

Anthony, however, had no problem with it. He was leaned back in his seat in the RV, his eyes closed and his hands behind his head. He was having none of their whining.

"Just enjoy the day off," he scolded, not even opening his eyes to look at them. "Both of you need to stop complaining for once."

"I rarely complain," Dex defended, and even I wasn't so sure about that. "Not like Aiden does."

Finally, Anthony opened his eyes to shoot Dex a flat look. "Need I remind you all the complaining you did when Violet was with Tom?"

Our strong teammate turned his head away. "No, shut up."

I rose my hand. "I'd like to be reminded."

"Shut up," Dex repeated, clearly embarrassed. I stuck my tongue out at him. Suddenly, he smirked at me. "Lemme see that tongue somewhere else—"

Anthony wasn't about to let him finish and shouted, "There are other people in here, thank you!"

Now Dex was the one to stick his tongue out at Anthony, but I chose to refrain myself from making a comment about his tongue, as much as I wanted to. I dealt with it enough to talk about it from experience.

"Do you guys really think that this is just going to be a regular day off?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest and sinking down into my seat. "I mean, I know that Hank and Nay give us breaks sometimes, but do you really think that today will be one of them?"

"I don't know," Anthony answered, and this didn't help me. He then looked out the window. "But we're about to find out."

"We have arrived," RV informed us as we rolled to a stop. "Do try to have fun!"

"No promises," Aiden grumbled as he trudged out of the RV. I rolled my eyes and followed after him, along with the rest of my teammates.

As we made our way inside, the first thing I noticed was the pretty receptionist behind the front desk. When she looked up to see our group, her eyes brightened at the sight of Dex.

I shouldn't have been surprised.

"Why, hello there," the receptionist greeted Dex with a flirtatious smile. I glared at her.

As if it was an instinct, Dex smiled flirtatiously at the young woman and greeted back with a simple, "Hi."

I cleared my throat.

Dex realized what he was doing and cleared his throat also, awkwardly repeating, "Uh, hi."

I didn't know why I was getting so jealous. Dex was naturally flirty, and it wasn't like he was my boyfriend or anything. He could flirt with anyone he wanted and I couldn't really be upset about that.

"That's right, Violet, keep him on a leash," a new voice called out behind me, and I turned to see Lena standing there, Nick right behind her. She was smirking like she always was. "Make sure everyone knows he's yours."