Enders (30)

When I came to, the first thing I noticed was that I was completely surrounded by white.

For a moment, I thought I was dead. But then I began to focus to see that instead of heaven, I was simply in a plain white room, sitting upright in a chair. It took me only a moment to realize that I wasn't alone in this room either.

We all sat in a line, Kristie and Anthony on each end while I sat directly in the middle, Aiden to my right and Dex to my left. While Anthony was still out cold, the rest of us had come to, if we'd all even been knocked out at all. There may had been a point where my teammates had decided that surrendering would have been the best option.

I could feel my phone in my pocket. I didn't know if they'd left it there on purpose just to taunt me since there way no way I could get it out with my hands bound the way they were, or if it had been left by accident. I doubted they would have been stupid enough to leave it with me by accident, and as I looked over at Dex's leg I could see that his phone was still in his pocket as well. They'd left them with us on purpose, or they just didn't care.

"This is bad," Kristie whispered, and finally I turned to really look at her. My eyes went wide when I saw the blood around her mouth, trailing down her chin and neck and all down her front. Dex, who was right beside her, looked nowhere but straight ahead. He'd already seen it, and he didn't want to see it again.

I guess we were prisoners, but they hadn't even let her wash a man's blood off of her? She looked completely distraught, and I had no idea if she could remember what she'd done or not. Being covered in blood must have been terrifying for her.

I glanced at Aiden beside me, who was completely silent as he stared down at his lap. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that this was how he was acting. I was actually surprised he wasn't a blubbering mess.

"We have to do something," Dex stated, since we all knew Aiden was far from being able to lead at that moment. "But what are we supposed to do? We don't even know what they have planned for us."

As if on cue, the metal door suddenly opened to reveal two large men I had never seen before. By their attire, it looked like they'd been assigned to keep guard over us. This definitely didn't make me feel any better.

They didn't even acknowledge all of us, their eyes turning to Kristie as they made their way into the room. This immediately caught Aiden's attention, snapping him out of whatever trance he had been in.

"You're gonna be coming with us, pretty girl," one of the guards grinned, grabbing onto Kristie's shoulder and pulling her up off her chair. "We'll get you nice and cleaned up and then we'll have some fun after."

"No, no!" Kristie screamed, begging and pleading as the guard yanked her toward the door. Aiden rose to fight but was immediately punched in the stomach by the second guard, knocking the wind out of Aiden as he collapsed to the floor.

As aggravating as it was, Dex and I did nothing as they dragged Kristie out of the room. With these giant cuffs completely wrapped from our hands up to our forearms, we knew there was nothing we could do. We'd end up on the ground, just like Aiden.

As the door slammed shut, something immediately caught my eye. I looked to the left to see the pin in the upper door hinge was sticking out. I immediately got an idea.

It may have been a lost cause, but I couldn't help but try to use my powers to pull it out all the way. And much to my surprise, though it didn't completely slip out like it usually would if I had my powers at full capacity, it still moved just a tiny bit.

Maybe being an Ender had its perks once in a while.

This wasn't going to be a quick escape, but it was the only idea I could come up with for the time being. It definitely didn't make it any easier as Aiden banged and kicked at the door, but I tried to tune him out as I continued to focus on the pin, it moving little by little the more I focused on it.