4: Encounter

Last lesson has ended as I hurriedly walked down the hallways, avoiding the burning stares from Chase and his group. I was even worried that Roderick would make a move and approach me.

The last thing I needed was to drag him into my mess.

Fingers curled around my wrist as I looked behind to see Roderick holding me back. Before I knew it, I felt myself closing my eyes as flour hit my face.

Claps and laughter erupted immediately as I wiped my eyes with the back of my sleeves. Flour stained my face with some portion on my blouse. But I didn't care.

All I felt was just purely betrayal by the guy who had been making me feel confused and back-stabbing me the next.

I looked up to be met with an apologetic look from Roderick as his hands were fisted on his sides.

What the f*ck?

Why was he even feeling apologetic when he was supposedly standing by Chase's side? I didn't know what was going on.

Just betrayal, hopelessness, embarrassment filled me as I pulled my wrist from his grasp and turned to leave.

Ignoring his constant calling of my name which slowly turned into nothing.

I struggled to kick off my shoes as I closed the door behind me. I quickly darted through my living room and rushed into the bathroom.

Stripping down, I let myself soaked thoroughly under the running water as it washed off the flour stuck against my skin.

No one had cared about how awful I had felt when I was bullied as usual.

No one f*cking gave a sh*t about me and my pathetic life.

F*cked up, was the word to describe how I felt right now.

I closed my eyes tightly and let my fingers scrubbed off the flour fully from my hair. My tears flowed along with the water, whimpers escaped from my lips which turned into soft mumbles along with the sound of water flowing through the shower head.

Maybe after today, I would still have to cry.

I will never learn.

I felt my skin becoming creasy and rough as I stopped the running water. Taking in a deep breath, I wrapped my body with a dry towel and looked at my own reflection in the mirror.

My eyes were red while crying, puffy cheeks which could not hide the pain behind my eyes. My lips were still busted and cracked from the last bullying which was just a few days ago before Roderick appeared in my life. Or maybe approached me and used me like others.

I sighed. No one could see the pain and hurt behind my mask. I never showed any of them for fear of being targeted again.

That's why lying had become so easy for me. It was just like a process which I could do it so easily without twitching the corner of my lips in nervousness like how I used to.

All the habits had died, along with the feelings and love from the girl before she lost her loved ones. Now, she was just like a mask she wore to school, hidden perfectly from everyone.

+++

I stepped across the lawn two hours later after receiving a text from Shayla, a well-known party host. I didn't give a f*cking sh*t about her background. It was the party which she has hosted that could remove my troubles away, even if it was temporarily.

At least, it was better than wasting my life in drugs and cigarettes.

I curled my fingers around the cooling metal as I pushed open the gates to the large penthouse. The room was filled with loud music as bodies grinded against each other, couples making out shamelessly on the couches.