Prologue/ Teaser

(just a little teaser to get you guys hyped ;3)

Soft laughter filled his ears as he peeped open his eyes, seeing that the hollow was filled with golden light, sweet and beckoning the little fairy to come out. The young-wing shakily rose on wobbly legs and made his way to the rim of the hollow entrance, the sight outside making him grin widely, a noticeable gap in his teeth from the lack of a baby tooth, which highly pointed out his young age.

Butterfly-like creatures were hustling about in the air, their wings like a humming bird's in slower motion, chattering to one another as they went about their day. There were all sorts of fairies, green ones, blue ones, orange one, every color possible. There were hundreds, perhaps even a thousand in the tiny fairy's perspective, and he blinked up at the warm welcoming sun when he heard a squeal.

"Sky!" The young-wing turned and broke out into an even wider toothy grin, hopping back to let to let a cyan-winged fairy his age try to perch before him, only to tumble and send them both into a dog pile. They both laughed however, not hurt at all.

"Jason! You're suppose to keep your balance when you land!" A dark blue fairy swooped onto a nearby branch, crouching down and fixing the two young-wings with an irritated yet warm smile as they scrambled to their feet.

"Sorry Ian!" Jason squeaked. Adam simply tittered, still beaming at his friend. "Hey, I'm still getting used to flying, you haven't even gotten to try branching yet!" Jason pouted.

"I will soon though!" Adam squealed.

"Not too soon I hope." Adam turned to see another adult fairy standing beside Ian, light silvery emerald wings as he gazed down at the fairies with a shimmer of affection in his piercing green eyes. "You need your wings to grow strong if you're going to be my heir."

"When will I be able to branch daaaaad?" Adam whined. The fairy chuckled warmly.

"Soon enough," he promised. Ian grinned warmly, just a few decades younger then Adam's father.

"Don't worry Lawrence, once he learns how to fly he'll just keep pestering you with new things," he teased. Lawrence grinned.

"I should hope so. You have your mother's spirit Sky." Adam giggled, then squealed in protest when Jason suddenly locked his arm around his neck and gave him a noogie, thus starting a game of tag until Jason flew a safe distance away from Adam.

"Aww no fair Jas' !" Adam pouted. "Just because you can fly doesn't mean your older than me!"

"Only by a few years!" Jason reminded, landing wobbly next to Ian.

"Don't forget Adam, you're still growing," Lawrence reminded with a smile. "Your mother and I didn't start branching until we were ten." Adam pouted again.

"But I'm already teeenn..." He whined.

"Patience comes to those who wait," Lawrence gently reminded with an affectionate smile. He fluttered down to his son and placed his hands on both sides of Adam's head, gently tilting it forward to kiss the top of it. "Just think of yourself as a Night-Blooming Cereus; while other flowers may develop faster, the Cereus takes its time, and then when it blooms in the star-lit night, it becomes a living star on earth, beautiful and perfect." Adam had made an O with his mouth, in awe.

"Dad, will I become a star!?" He squeaked. Lawrence laughed and hugged his son.

"You can become whatever you want kid, whatever you set your mind to."