Chapter 4 - Drastic Change

Jean Verodine

"Girlfriend?" His mother looked at me and smiled. I smiled to her and then turned to Blake completely wanting to kill him. How dare he!

"Hello, Mrs. Coster."

"I'm not Mrs. Coster anymore darling, my name is Adeline Conor." She chuckled a little bit and I felt bad.

"I'm sorry. I'm Jean Verodine, Mrs. Conor. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Would you like to sit with us?" I asked politely.

"No, no, I'm with my friends and they're waiting. I'll let you two have a nice lunch." She patted my upper arm and then she turned to Blake.

"Okay. I'll call you later." Blake said and his mom walked away from our table.

"Girlfriend?" I glared at Blake and he smirked at me.

"I'm going to rip your head off!" I took a really deep breath and looked away to calm down my emotion.

"Be my fake fiancé, just 3 months." He suddenly said and that made me stand up and looked at him. I'm trying to be calm when I'm facing him.

"I don't have an appetite anymore, thank you and this is a goodbye Blake, I hope you find a bride and please don't bo-"

"I'll give you anything you want!"

"I'm not a gold-digger Blake, find someone else who is willing to be your bride." I sighed and took my bag. I made my way out of the restaurant but suddenly I stopped when someone stood in front of me.

"Hello baby." That made me froze in place. I looked at the man in front of me in horror.

"Jean." I turned to Blake who was calling me and quickly walked back inside to Blake.

"Blake!" My breath got hitched.

"Why are you so pale?" He asked and I turned to see the person I don't want to see the most but he's already gone.

"What happened?"

"Can you just drop me home? No, no! Don't drop me home, let's go to your house." I looked around to check if he was still here.

"Come on." Blake held my hand and asked the valet chauffer to bring his car, I looked around anxiously to see if the devil is still there.

'How did he get out from jail?' My mind was filled with the thoughts of him going around freely.

"Jean." I flinched hearing Blake's voice and even when he touched me.

"Get in." He said and I quickly got into his car and in a flash he drove away from that restaurant.

"What happen?" Blake asked and but I couldn't find my voice to say anything about it. I looked out the window completely scared for my life once again.

Blake Coster

"Jean." I followed her out, she walked to me.

"Blake!" She called me. I started to worry about her because her eyes were full of fear. Her face was so pale like a white paper. What happened exactly? Why is she acting like this?

"Why are you so pale?" I asked as I'm starting to worry. She was full with confidence when she walked out from the restaurant and in split second she's now shaking and tears starts filling her eyes.

"What happened?" I can't help but get curious.

"Can you just drop me home? No, no! Don't drop me home, let's go to your house." She looked around her, it's like she had seen a ghost. She turned to me and my heart just crushed looking at her so fragile in this state.

"Come on." I took her hand and asked the valet chauffer to get my car. She kept looking around her like someone was chasing her. The valet chauffer brought back my car fast and I turned to Jean.

"Jean."

"Get in." I said and she got inside my car. She looked outside and her body was shaking in fear. What happen to this girl? Where is the cold princess that attacked me earlier?

"What happened to you?" I asked again but she ignored me. I stepped on the gas and drove to my house. On our way to my house, she kept shaking in fear and she was lost in her thoughts. She bit her lips and her eyes were empty. Her face gets paler every time I see her.

What happened to her?

"Jean wh-"

"Let's get married!" She suddenly said and that shocked me. Didn't she just reject me 10 minutes ago and now she's agreeing to marry me?

"Jean look-"

"Give me a house in Swiss or New Zealand or somewhere far after 3 months." She continued and I raised my eyebrows.

"What? Why?"

"Do you agree or not?" She asked.

"I thought you didn't want a house?"

"When do you want to get married?" That makes my head turn to her. I didn't expect her to ask me that after rejecting me a few times. I'm supposed to be happy right?

"Why did you change your mind?" I asked and I heard she sighed.

"Let's make a contract tonight Blake, I'll be your puppet and all you need to do is buy me a house in the most far place from here."

"Why?"

"Don't ever ask me that question Blake, I won't answer. You do your job and I'll do mine." She said coldly and I can't help but be curious.

I need to find out more about her.

When we arrived at my house, I quickly got out from my car and walked to her side. I opened the door for her and helped her to get out. She always looked down to the ground instead of looking at me. Her hand was so cold and I can feel that her body was still shaking.

"Jean" I called her.

"Hmm?" She answered as we entered my mansion. She turned to me.

"Can I stay here for a while?" She asked and I nodded.

"Sure, you can."

"Can you show me my room?" She asked in a calm tone. Is this the real Jean Verodine? The cold princess who always attacks me with her glare and her cold words? What happened to her? She's like a different person just in span of minutes.

"Are you okay?" I pulled her.

"I'm fine, please stop asking me questions." And there's the cold Jean.

"Let's go." I took her hand but she let go. I tried to ignore it. I led her upstairs and gave her my guest room. It's just the room across mine.

"Here." I opened the door and let her in.

"Thank you, can I have a rest?" She asked and I nodded. Closing the door, I left her there. Walking to my room I quickly call Shawn.

"Hello Mr. Coster, may I help you?" He asked as he answered my call.

"Tell me everything about Jean Verodine, every little detail about it."