29

Austin POV:

I pace the front steps of the academy doors anxiously. Guards hang around me watching me incase I suddenly shifted and went mad.

I ignore them. They try to talk to me but I don't say anything unless it's information about Maia that I don't already know.

Her mind is blocked from me so I can't feel what she feels or see what she sees. I can't even figure out where she is or if she is even okay.

Where could she of gone? There is no reason for her to leave. Unless she was reckless and tried to leave to find help? Or to find The Dark One but that would be impossible.

She would never be that reckless. At least I hope not. If anything bad has happened to her I don't know what I'll do.

Anger burns deep inside me and my wolf begs for me to kill the guards who let her pass the border earlier on.

As soon as they mind linked me I was confused but I was out of bed and at the north border where she escaped from my guards. They said she made them stand down using her Luna tone.

But why would she do that?

She never used that tone because she hates people thinking she is above them. She likes it when they just think of her as a close friend.

I've always hated it though, they should respect her as she is the Luna and she is above them. But she never agreed.

As soon as I was in the border I was growling at and ordering everyone who was there. Everybody was whimpering and bowing but that wasn't enough.

My wolf wanted to attack them, kill them even for letting my mate escape so easily. I had to be dragged back by Jace and 10 other guards to the academy.

Otherwise I would of shifted and attacked them, I was blinded by anger and wanted them to be punished. Jace finally calmed me down when we arrived back at the academy by saying he will handle them.

As much as I was angered and my wolf was, I was deeply hurt. How could she just run off like that?

I understand she is taking this hard, like a bullet to her heart. We were never going to have a baby but we believed we were and it felt like we were.

But to run away?

My wolfs is feeling betrayed and wants me to rush off right now to find her but I can't. I can't abandon the pack when we know that there is going to be an attack.

"Alpha." I hear the familiar voice of Maia's best friend Louis, I growl and watch as he walks over to me.

I grip him by his throat tightly as soon as he is in reach. He clutches my hand as I shove him high in the air and into a wall so he can't escape.

"Do you know where she is?" I grit out feeling my alpha voice take all control. He whimper in my hold and struggled to breathe but I don't care.

"Austin!" Jace shouts pulling me off Louis and pushing me away "calm down dude."

I start to pace once more, Jace stands in the same spot starring directly at me. I know this is hard for him to, he has lost his sister.