Chapter 23: Prepare The Food At The Hospital

;) thank you again for all the love you guys have shown this story! Xoxo

My hands fidgeted in my lap as I did everything I could to control my breathing. I was currently suffocating by the hands of these hospital walls as Stefan lay on the operation table in Operation Room One. The doors to the operation room flew open and I quickly stood. Lumiere walked through to greet me.

"How is he?" I rushed out, as my hands forced themselves to my sides.

"The bullet hit no major artery. The surgery was successful. They've sedated him for the pain but you should be able to see him soon..." He trailed off, most likely taking in my appearance.

The once beautiful dress was now completely ruined by Stefan's blood. I hadn't had time to even check my appearance but I was sure I looked like a hot mess. "I'll be heading home to see to some things. Can I have Maxwell bring you a change of clothing? I'd tell you to head home and take a shower, but seeing as you've stayed in this lobby for the past 7 hours, I doubt you'd accept that offer."

"I... I just want to see him." I whispered, my voice raspy and uneven.

He nodded understandingly at me. "You should be able to soon... But Elle... This isn't his first injury, nor will it be his last. With his line of work, we prepare for the worst. I recommend you do the same." He added, before heading towards the entrance desk to speak with the receptionist.

I took a few shaky steps forward before my left heel finally gave out and snapped. I caught myself quickly against the hospital wall, and quickly removed the ridiculous shoes.

I didn't even want to know how much money's worth of shit I had ruined today.

I pushed through the first revolving door to enter the operation hallway before making my way through to the patient rooms. They said he'd be in room 324.

322... 323... 324.

The blinds on the window were shut, so I couldn't actually see into the room. My hand pulled down on the door knob and the door opened. "Stefan?" I called. Once I slipped through the door, I could see Cogsworth standing beside him with his tablet in hand.

"S-Sorry, I didn't know you two were meeting..."

"It's okay Elle, I think we are just about done here." Cogsworth replied.

"Don't forget pasta. You know the Malfacini family and their pasta." Stefan added, his voice unchanged except for a slightly deeper raspiness. He looked nothing like a man who had just been shot.

"P-Pasta?" I questioned, moving further into the room.

"For the feast I'm hosting tonight." Stefan replied nonchalantly.

"F-Feast?!" I exclaimed, glancing back between Cogsworth and Stefan. They both just looked at me, then each other, and shrugged.

"It's an apologetic feast for the night ending so poorly yesterday." Stefan explained.

"Stefan! You were shot!" I replied, my voice involuntarily breaking. His eyes softened at me.

"Cogsworth, could you leave us for a bit?" Stefan asked, as his eyes held mine.

Cogsworth nodded silently, before slipping past me and out the door.

"Come here." Stefan beckoned, his voice gentle yet strong. I awkwardly wobbled towards him, and that was when his eyes finally drifted to the dress and missing shoes. We both visibly cringed. "I'm so sorry." He whispered, as his fingers went out to trace the dried blood that had coated my body.

"It's not you fault." I whispered back, as I took a seat beside him on his hospital bed.

This man made post surgery look so fucking good.

"I'm not used to having anyone else worry about me like this." He whispered unconsciously.

"What do you mean? There's Mrs. Potts, and Cogsworth..."

"Yes, and they do care for me, but they are also my employees. They know that regardless of what happens to me, my family's work must continue. They have been trained to make that sacrifice... But you, my love, you're different. I didn't see this outcome, and I apologize for not taking into account how this situation would affect you." He explained, pulling my body closer to his until both me, and my 10 pound dress, was in his lap.

"I-I-It's okay." I stuttered nervously, as my heart began to hammer out of my chest.

"It's not." He whispered against my neck, as his hands grabbed my sides.

"Stefan- you were just shot." I replied, trying to sound persistent but instead, it came out as more of a moan.

"I'm well aware." He nodded, pulling me flush against his hard body as his hands began to massage my hips through the dress.

"I-I-" I whispered, trying to gather my bearings.

"What, my love?" He whispered back with hunger."

"I broke the heels." I admitted.

I felt him pull away from my body. His eyes stared into mine before his body began to tremble with laughter.

"Jesus, Elle." He sighed, laughing harder into my shoulder. "Fuck the shoes. Fuck the dress. You are here... In my arms... Right now... That's all that matters."

I sighed, leaning further into his touch that sent my mind into a euphoric state. We heard the door being pulled open again and I went to pull away from Stefan, but he just held me tighter.

"What do you want?" He grumbled at Lumiere. His voice was muffled by my neck.

"We might have a bit of a problem." Lumiere stated, entering the room with Cogsworth's tablet.

"What do you mean?" Stefan asked, his voice gaining it's edge rapidly.

"The projectile from the bullet shows this shot was taken from a miraculously far distance. With the type of bullet used, it would take a bit of time to traveled to the intended target..."

"What?" Stefan asked, his voice now completely on edge."

"From the way you described the situation and position of both you and Elle in that skyway room, I no longer have reason to believe you were the intended target. I think Elle was."

--------------------------------
Oh shiiieeeeeettttttt