9 - Change of Plans

Elijah's PoV:

Today was Saturday and I was so excited to officially meet my daughter. I planned a day at the water park with her and Nora. I woke up at six a.m, because I was so excited and right now I'm in the car, on my way to Nora's place.

Nora...I still don't get her. I don't understand why she isn't willing to try it out with me. We have a child together and we could at least be friends, right? Am I that bad? According to her, I'm a good boss, so why in the world aren't I safe? What does that even mean?

I shook my head, not willing to let the memories of last week ruin my mood. I remember how perfectly calm she was when I threw a fit and basically destroyed her office. I must say, I'm ashamed I did that. I gave her chocolates the next day and she thanked me.

I knew she threw them away the same day, so I bought her new ones and gave them to her the next day. She threw them away again and when I confronted her, she told me she was allergic to chocolate. As if!

I really don't understand her. I showed her that I was responsible and I'm willing to take care of both of them. I liked Nora from the very beginning, which lead to the sex in the first place. Even after that when we didn't mentioned it, I still respected her.

I was young and stupid when we did that. I wanted her to come to me and kind of tell me that she felt the same, but the next day she acted as if nothing happened. I was mad and being the stupid young brat that I was, I wanted to make her jealous.

It didn't work and she just ignored me for a while. Then I found out she was pregnant. She never told me who the father was or how far in the pregnancy she was. I didn't pay a lot of attention, which I know now I should've. I just kind of scratched her out of my book of potential girlfriends/flings.

And once she had the child and felt ready to work again, her whole attitude towards me changed. We didn't joke around as much and she started calling me sir. I found myself calling her Miss Gray and soon we only had a professional relationship. I didn't want more, since I knew she had a kid and probably a baby daddy too, so I backed off.

But now I want her again. Knowing Emma is mine, I want to have a family. I never thought about it, but since I saw that little girl, I knew I wanted an own family. From the moment I saw her red hair, I knew she was mine. My brother has red hair too and I knew it was in my genes, since my mom was a ginger.

Everybody told me she looked like my mom and the fact that Nora backed away from me when I wanted to hold the kid, made me realize she knew. First I thought maybe she didn't know who the father was, but she knew. I saw it in her eyes. So I gave her a chance to tell me the truth. I gave her days to tell me the truth, but she never did.

I sighed and parked the car in front of her house. It's a cute house and I'm happy she was still working for me, since I pay her very well. I wouldn't want my daughter to grow up in a ghetto or something.

I stepped out, finally letting go of all those thoughts and concentrating on my daughter. The past is the past and I should be happy to have an opportunity to be with my daughter. I still haven't told my parents, though and I'm sure they'll find out soon. So I better enjoy those hours of freedom.

When I knocked on the door, it swung open and my eyes widened at the sight of Nora. She handed me a screaming Emma, who only had a diaper on and I frowned, kicking the door shut behind me.

"Elijah, I'm sorry. I thought you were coming a little later and-"
"Shh, calm down." She looked so tired already and it was just eight a.m. I tried to rock a screaming Emma. What was wrong with her? She was red and snotty.

"What's wrong?" I asked Nora, who watched me sooth my daughter quietly.
"She has high fever and-" She sighed, making me frown.
"I'm sorry, I don't think we should go to the water park. I think she needs a day off." I heard her say and my mood fell.

"It's okay. We'll take care of her." I said. It was sad that my plan didn't work out, but Emma's health is more important and I'm actually kind of excited to take care of her. Even though she's still crying in my arms.

"Shh, angel. Look at me." I shifted Emma in my arms and made her look at me. She was still screaming her guts out and it made me feel bad for her. She felt really hot.
"It's okay." I kissed her cheek and she calmed down a little, but was still crying.

"Did she eat yet?" I asked Nora and she sighed, before shaking her head.
"She wouldn't eat anything." I knew she was tired and she also looked like she just got out of bed. I knew she didn't have a bra on and so I looked away, because I remembered our night together.

"Okay, it's fine. I got her, Nora. You look tired, why don't you rest for a little longer?" I asked her and her gaze shot up to me.
"You think I can't handle my daughter?" What in the world?

"I didn't say that. You just look-"
"Exhausted? Yeah that happens when your three year old wakes you up with a horrific scream!" She yelled at me and Emma started screaming again. I adjusted her in my arms and then stepped closer to Nora.

"I didn't mean it like that. I just want to help, Nora." I sighed, rocking Emma in my arms.
"I saw the look on your face when-"
"What look? For fuck's sake, Nora! Go change!" I said, my eyes involuntarily glancing down at her chest. Damn.

She started blushing and looked down at her chest, before making wide eyes and looking back up at me. It was comical how bothered she looked and quickly covered her chest area. I still saw it though. She glared at my bemused face and I frowned.

"That is so you! Why didn't you tell me earlier?" She asked, but before I could answer, she left me alone. I didn't have much time to react, because Emma started screaming again. So I got back to soothing her.