Chapter 16

Killian's POV

I sat alone on the docks and all I could think about was after years of being with someone and now I was alone. No one will ever love a man like me.

"Killian. There you are." Emma says.

"Swan, what are you doing here? Where are the girls?" I ask.

"With your brother. I am here because like I said Im not just here to take care of the girls Im also here to be a friend for you. You trust me to watch after your children and now I need you to trust in me as your friend." She says.

"Why are you so concerned about me?" I ask her.

"I dont really know why. I just know that I need to help you." She says.

"Help me with what?" I question.

"I dont really know just yet. What I do know is that you are upset and alone. You cant keep acting this way Killian its not good for your daughters." She says.

"Emma I hired you because I cant does this alone and now thats what Im doing this alone." I say.

"You really think your alone in this. I know everyone is this town knows you can do this with or without someone else. You are not alone you have some many people here to help you. You will never be alone." She says.

I dont know why she is doing this for me. All I know is that with her I feel something. Something strong. I looked her in the eyes and I just wanted to kiss her. I place a hand on her cheek and with the other I moved a strand of hair out of her face.

"You are beautiful inside and out." I say to her.

"Killian...." She says.

"Shhh love. Its alright." I say and kiss her.

I thought she would have pulled away, but she kissed back. Her lips are soft and welcoming. Maybe she is all I need. Maybe not being with her is why things are hard. I think Milah was right when she said I love Emma. I think I truly do.