~Family~

(Y/N) squeezed Newt's hand. They stood in front of the ivy covered walls, holding spears that they'd sharpened earlier.
Thomas's escape plan was risky. The Gladers would have to go into the Maze to a certain spot where the Grievers stayed. (Y/N) knew that a lot of people would die.
"Newt," She whispered. "what're we going to do with Riley?"
Newt stroked her hair and smiled sadly. "I guess we'll have to take him with us."
"He could die in there."
"He could just as easily die in here."
(Y/N) thought for a moment then nodded and hugged him tightly, breathing in his scent. "You're right. I love you." She felt Newt's chest become warm and his heartbeat get faster.
"I love you too." The blonde grinned.
(Y/N)'s face flushed pink. She sniffed over and over again.Tears rolled down her dirty cheeks. "Someday," The girl whimpered. "do you think we could have a family?"
Newt nodded and put his chin on top of her head. "Yeah, I promise we will." He said quietly. "Even if it kills me."
"That's all I want..." She chuckled sadly into his shirt.
Newt kissed her forehead. "Then that's what I'll give you."

Later that night, the Gladers gathered at the Maze walls. Newt and Riley stood to the left of (Y/N) while Chuck nervously paced back and forth on her right. His face was terrified and pale as the moonlight shone over the Glade.
(Y/N), who'd just put her hair in a high ponytail smiled down at him. "Hey," She stopped him, holding his hand. "We'll be okay." Chuck was like her little brother, there was a strong feeling inside of her that told her she needed to protect him.
The younger boy sniffed and squeezed her hand back. "Thanks (Y/N)..." He smiled. "We're going to stay strong right?"
(Y/N) nodded and whispered, "Definitely."
"Okay guys," Newt looked at her, then Teresa. "and girls,"
(Y/N) couldn't help but chuckle a little at this as he picked up his backpack. "There's forty-two of us. Make sure you've got your weapons." Newt lifted his spear. "You all know the plan, Tommys gonna punch in his magic code thingy that'll make the Grievers disabled and were gonna get payback on the Creators. Simple as that."
(Y/N) nodded as Minho spoke up, suprizing her.
"Shouldn't someone give a pep talk or something?"
"Go ahead." Newt smiled.
"Be careful," Minho stared at everyone dead in the eyes. "Don't die."
  "Great, we're all bloody inspired." Newt rolled his eyes then pointed over his shoulder towards the Maze. "You all know what the plan is. Tonight, the Grievers will be scared!" People cheered all around him, thrusting their weapons up to the sky. "Hear that, Creators?" Newt shouted, pulling (Y/N) close to him with a grin. "We're coming!"

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING A/N!!!!!

😊😊😊 Soooo, we're nearing the end guys.... What do you think of a Scorch Trials sequel? I've got a lot of cool ideas for one so pleaseeee let me know!!! 😊😊😊