Chapter 8: Jorts

Ethan and I spent the rest of the day doing 'paperwork

Ethan and I spent the rest of the day doing 'paperwork.' We would take turns doing paperwork, that was fairly easy to do after Ethan showed me how, while the other would search through his office for anything.

There was nothing though and it was more than frustrating for both of us. It was like every clue we found was a door that opened to five more unknown doors.

"Derek is leaving today," Ethan said from next to me. I felt my heart twist; he pulled me closer as we walked over the soft grass to our home, trying to give me some comfort that I knew all too well was temporary. "Elliot's staying though, we should bring him out with us."

I nodded. "Ok," I sighed.

We walked through the door to see Elliot and Derek chatting at the island over some coffee. Derek snapped his eyes to me and quickly zipped over, crushing me in a hug to his chest.

"Don't worry little one, I won't be gone long. Besides, hopefully, Leo and I can help."

I nodded into his chest and kissed his cheek. "I promise we'll look after Elliot."

"I know sweet one, just make sure he gets enough blood and brushes his teeth after, he's terrible about that."

"Rude," Elliot called out dryly.

I smiled slightly while Derek pulled us into the kitchen were Ethan was pulling out some beers. "Do you have your things here?"

Elliot nodded. "I moved a lot of them today and Derek helped me get most of your things. I did get your bearskin, it's in your room upstairs."

Ethan handed Elliot a beer then walked over to me with a soft smile. "Char talked to Thomas and Miranda today."

The vamps snapped their eyes to me while Ethan slid onto a stool then pulled me to stand with my back to him between his legs. "Please tell me you pulled her horrible clip-in extensions out?" Derek asked.

"No, but I think that they are a bit more off our asses," I said while breathily laughing. "But Ethan needed to do some work too." I looked at him pointedly.

He rolled his eyes and nodded. "I'll talk to them tomorrow." He popped open his beer with an opener on the table then looked back at the vamps. "So Leo have any leads?" Ethan asked.

Derek nodded. "A few actually. He has some friends in covens, older covens that we're taking the rocks too."

"Oh, Ethan show him the paper!"

"What paper?" Derek's brow raised a little.

Ethan got off the chair quickly and walked back to the safe while Elliot sipped his beer. "We found some things in the treehouse," I breathed out. "Ethan just bring the box!"

"What kinds of things?"

I looked back at Elliot as my beast stirred angrily. "The kind that would frame him."