Chapter 36: Penny

"How are things back at your place Ev?" I asked as I poured him a cup of coffee.

He let out a tired sigh. "Are you asking about Lyanna and I or our new favorite couple?"

I slid the coffee to him with a half-smile. "Listen Ethan doesn't like it, but if it's really a problem we can move them. I know how hard you're both working and I don't want to see you run down because you're up all night listening to them."

Evan smiled into his coffee then groaned in satisfaction. He sighed then looked back at me. "Thanks, little sister, but we'll be fine. It's only two more nights."

"We're they–"

"Fighting or screwing all night," he quickly injected. "I'm surprised that they didn't calm down after they marked each other, I can't imagine how their bond feels."

I grimaced at the thought. "You promise to tell me if it's too much?"

Evan sighed then gave me a side hug and kissed my temple. "I promise Char," he replied slowly, a slight tease in his voice.

I rolled my eyes then looked at his hair. "It's getting long Evan, you and Ethan both are due for a cut."

"Lyanna likes it so I think not little sister," he replied with a cheeky smile.

"You two ready?" Ethan asked as he trotted down the stairs, wearing a slightly dark chambray shirt tucked into tan pants with a brown leather belt.

I smoothed out my dark high waisted jeans that Evie had let me borrow, then tucked in the little bits of my white button down shirt until it laid smoothly.

"Want a to-go cup Evan?" I asked.

He nodded. "Please."

Ethan grabbed a paper cup out of the cupboard that we had bought as Sam's while I slipped on some black peep toe wedged mules. Evan murmured a 'thank you' to Ethan as he handed him the cup before Ethan came around to me and kissed me. "You look nice sunshine."

"Closet de Evie," I replied with a cheeky smile.

He laughed then took my hand. "Ready Ev?"

"Let's do it," he replied.

We walked out of the house and made our way quickly to the pack house. The pack bond felt good that day, it was for once mildly peaceful. My wolf and I sighed out in relief, the pack had become like a child that we worried about.

We picked up Lyanna at her and Evan's cabin. She smiled tiredly at me and rubbed her cheek against mine. "Screwing or fighting," she murmured out.

I growled lowly. "I'll talk to Andrea. She knows better, it's their relationship but they shouldn't do that as guests in your house."

"Can we just beat her ass around?" Lyanna grumbled.

I pulled her close to me, letting her head rest on my shoulder. "Maybe," I chuckled out.

Ethan eyed Lyanna and shook his head. "Damn males," he grumbled.

Evan nodded as we got closer to the pack house. "I don't know how Caden does it; I thought you were a handful–"

Ethan cut him off with a growl while Lyanna and I lightly laughed. I nudged Ethan playfully, causing him to just roll his eyes as we walked down the little-pebbled path to the front steps of the house.

It smelled like coffee inside, which seemed to breathe life back into Evan and Lyanna's souls. They immediately walked back to the kitchen together while Ethan and I slowly followed.