Chapter Twenty One- Shopping Trip

Fox and I headed out of the class together and were met by a smirking Margo standing outside, we walked over to her.

"Hey dudes," she greeted us.

"So what are we doing?" Fox asked, Margo just shrugged.

"Getting ready for this party of course," Margo's smirk became a smile.

"Of course," Fox said in response to this, we needed to get ready but not for a while.

Margo and Fox began to move ahead in front of me so I followed behind trying to keep up on, what Victoria would call, my toothpick legs. I mean, they were small, but not that small. It was offensive. speaking of Victoria, if she knew that I was going to this party tonight I doubt she would be too happy about it, I mean it was a party that the one girl she probably disliked the most at university was hosting, so I would understand if she didn't want me going. there was another part of me, however, that said that Victoria might not care less I was going, she had seemed to play off whenever something had upset her quite a few times since we started a few weeks back.

It only struck me then that it had been a few weeks ago we had started, that meant there were only... If I did the simple math right, there were only two weeks that we would have to share the dorm. so why did I feel bad about that?

Probably because you like her, Dumbo. The one voice in my mind said. Me, like Victoria? Nah.

Okay, maybe a little. Not like it mattered, a few weeks and maybe she would never speak to me again. Though, this was Victoria, and she always talked.

"Kate, keep up" Margo called back to me, I noticed they had walked quite some ways in front of me. I needed to spend less time in daydream land, I mean just a little less time would be good really. I noticed then that we were heading to the car park.

"We're going somewhere?" I asked, once we got to Margo's car.

"Duh,"

Fox just hummed as she sat in the backseat again. "Get your little booty moving, we need to go," Margo stated.

"Alright, no explanations" I muttered, and sat in the front passenger seat. Margo turned the key to start the car and drove off. Quickly, I might add. She could sure drive fast. I tried to save myself anxiety by fiddling with the bracelet Victoria had got me, I almost forgot I was wearing it. I usually wore it, it was a good distraction for when people got bothersome, and the bracelet was cute.

"Margooo," Fox's voice shook as the car did along bad road surfacing.

"What dude?"

"Dude, you're driving too fast,"

"Oh," Margo just laughed it off and began to slow down.

"Thanks, mum," Margo let out a light laugh and continued to drive, at a more reasonable, less anxiety-inducing speed.

I could tell Fox was annoyed that Margo had called her this, as when I looked in the side mirror of the car her face was full of frustration. It was odd how Fox could seem so chill most of the time but whenever Margo said something she didn't agree with she would get upset. It was almost cute. I had my thoughts over whether Fox or Margo liked each other but it seemed doubtful.

"Ooooh tacos," Fox said, her voice had a dreamy tone to it.

"No, Fox. Last time you got those you stunk my car out like a skunk for weeks,"

"It wasn't that bad," Fox stated.

"Please girl it was a double beef bean burrito, god only knows what's in that,"

"Well, beef and beans, probably," Fox muttered.

When I glanced at Margo next to me, she had that smirk on her face again. After a few short minutes, Margo pulled up outside a clothes store. Here we go again, I thought I would just pick out a black dress. You couldn't go wrong there. The three of us walked into the store and it didn't take too long for Margo and Fox to head in a completely different direction from me, leaving me left to myself in the store. I just hoped I would find them later, I didn't want some kind of lost child looking for their parents situation. That would just be...weird.

I eventually found a dress that looked exactly like the one I had envisioned; one slight issue was that it was pricey as hell. Damn, Victoria's never around with her platinum encrusted wallet when you need her. I kid, but maybe she would have bought me it. With a slight sigh, I went for the cheaper option and went to the counter to buy it. When I had finished at the checkout, I spotted Fox and Margo standing further down in the queue to me, so I waited for them for a few minutes until they had finished purchasing their outfits.

"What did you get?" Fox asked Margo.

"It's a secret," Margo stated.

"Really?"

"Well, you'll see it tonight. What did you get, Kate?"

I showed them my dress and Margo and Fox said "Oooh" to show they were impressed with what I had bought. "Looks good, Greeny," Fox flashed a smile.

Fox showed us her outfit which consisted of a white turtle neck dress and black heels. I would never be able to walk properly in those, which was slightly unfortunate, as it would help with my problems in regards to height, and leg shortness, a thing I was reminded of when Margo and Fox started to head back towards her car. I had tried speed walking, but that could be exhausting. Nevertheless, I did manage to catch up to them, and hopped back into the passenger seat. Margo began to drive us back to university with the stereo blasting away, it was playing a song called 'Courtesy Call' and Margo seemed to like it as she hummed along to the lyrics. When I checked on Fox, she had fallen asleep miraculously.

"Dude can sure sleep through anything," Margo smiled and shook her head slightly in disbelief. A few minutes later and we were back in the car park of the university.