Ch.11: Truman High; Home Of The Bombers And Stalkers

Ashley watched as Dean, who was dressed in a white T-shirt and tight red shirts. There was also a red sweatband around his head, and a silver whistle around his neck. When he blew the whistle, all of the students, including Ashley, even though it was very hard for her, fell quiet. He looks ridiculous. "Today, you will have the honor of playing one of the greatest games ever invented. A game of skill, agility, cunning. A game with one simple rule... dodge." Dean threw a red dodgeball at an unsuspecting student's stomach. And he failed to do rule #1: Dodge. After he groans loudly, Dean mutters a sorry. "Uh, Substitute Coach Roth..."  "Yes?"  "Ms. Boudreaux never let us play dodge ball."  "Well, Ms. B's in Massachusetts getting married, so we're playing."  "She says it's dangerous." Dean blew his whistle, "Take a lap!" Ashley burst out laughing. She caught Deans eye, and tried to stop, but couldn't. "You! Run 3 laps." He yelled, making her jaw drop. "But-" She was distracted by Sam entering the gym in a janitors outfit. "Go nuts." He threw a bag of balls in front of the class, "Go nuts." He said before walking to Sam. Ashley slowly walked to the crowd, not bothering to run. It was obvious who were the 'nerds' and who were the 'jocks'. "We call the new girl." The jocks called out. The nerds just looked down, nodding their heads. "Actually, the new girl chooses to be on this team." She said, walking to the group of nerds. The main jock smirked, "Fine. Go with them."  Everyone got into position before someone yelled go. People ran, grabbing balls and throwing them. Ashley just stood in the back, occasionally dodging balls. At one point, she tried to catch a ball, but her butterfingers caused her to drop it. As she sat down on the side lines, she felt a rubber ball hit her in the boob. "Are you fucking serious?" She yelled at the person who threw it at her. The tall skinny chick just fake smiled and shrugged before turning back and threw a ball at another person on the side line, hitting him in the face. When he saw blood coming from his nose, he started to cry as he got up and ran out of the gym, most likely to the nurses office. I think like my old school better.

Ashley nodded every now and again as her new culinary teacher dragged on. "And you'll have to be here in the front, yeah?" The perky teacher said as she motioned to an empty seat next to some person who was completely zoned out. Ashley nodded, making her way to the seat. As she looked around she saw what you would normally see. There were people drawing, or messing around. There were some paper balls being thrown, while friends talked to each other. There was even someone in a black hoodie sleeping in the back. Ashley turned around to face the front when she heard screaming. She looked back to see a nerdy kid holding a jocks hand in a Cuisinart. She froze when she saw the kid who was in the back sleeping basically tackle the nerdy kid. She quickly jumped out of her seat, grabbing a clean washcloth, and holding it over his hand to stop the bleeding while people screamed and called the cops. The jock basically toppled over when he saw his hand, woozy from lack of blood. She heard Sam's voice, so she looked and saw Sam holding the nerdy kid up, who had ectoplasm oozing out of his ear. "Grab me more washcloths." Ashley told the kid in the hoodie. He quickly grabbed all of them, bringing them to Ashley. After she quickly changed the makeshift gauze, she threw the completely blood soaked cloth to the side and looked up to the guy in the hoodie, but was met with a familiar face.

She sat in the diner, reading the comics of an old newspaper as she slowly ate her food. "They suck!" She heard a young man groan, making her look up. The teen had dark hair with even darker eyes. When his eyes met hers, she quickly looked away, her face reddening.

She finally snapped back into reality when the EMT's came through the door, along with a few police officers. After they took the jock away, the whole school was called down to the gym for an anti-violence assembly, but, since she was covered in blood, she was allowed to sit out of the assembly. "How's the nonviolence assembly going?" Sam asked. "What are you doing here? You're suppose to be going to get me clothes!" She started to freak out. "Don't worry. A family acquaintance I ran into is going to get them." He dismissed. "Apparently, shoving a kid's arm into a Cuisinart is not a 'healthy display of anger.' So, the kid had ectoplasm leaking out his ear?"  "Which only comes from a seriously pissed-off spirit. It's got to be ghost possession."  "Yeah, but that's pretty rare."  "Yeah, but it happens. I mean, they get angry enough, they can take control of a person's body."  "All right, so, what, we got a ghost in the building?"  "Yeah, but where? I mean, there's no EMF. Maybe we could find out who it is, at least. You know, check and see if somebody died bloody around here or something."  "Way ahead of you. I had to break into the principal's office to get this. Oh, and FYI, three of the cheerleaders are legal. Guess which ones."  "No." Sam said while Ashley just gave him a nasty look. "Dude. You're talking about having sex with girls my age. Don't you see anything wrong with that?" Her words forced the smile off his face. After shaking the disgust from his mind, Dean took a paper from his pocket, unfolding it. "So, there was only one death on campus. It was a suicide back in '98. Some kid named Barry Cook. What?" He noticed Sam's face. "I knew him. How did he die?"  "He slit his wrists in the first-floor girls' bathroom."  "That's where-" Ashley was cut off by Dean, "Right where the chick got swirleyed to death, exactly. So, what? This ghost is possessing nerds?"  "And using them to go after bullies, yeah."  "Well, does that sound like Barry's M.O.?"  "Barry had a hard time. I should probably go finish cleaning the culinary class." He said before leaving. "Yeah, I've gotta go back to the assembly before I caught for ditching it. Meet me at the car after school." He said before leaving. Not even a minute after Dean left, the boy with the black hoodie came in. "Here are your clothes." He told her, his voice deep. Ashley reluctantly took them from his hands. He turned to leave, but Ashley stopped him when he opened the door. "Who are you?" He slowly closed the door, walking closer to her. He didn't stop walking until he was towering over her, only a few inches away. "Get dressed and then we'll talk." He said, his deep gruff voice making him sound a bit intimidating. She slowly made her way to the bathroom, giving him one last look before shutting the door. She quickly got undressed, cleaning all the blood off her, then getting redressed in the clothes he brought her. He brought her a pair of black jeans and one of her favorite black tank tops. When she finally walked out of the bathroom, she looked around to see the guy nowhere around. "Seriously?" She huffed. The bastard left. She shoved her bloody clothes in her bag. Ashley left the empty nurses office, going back to class, seeing as how the assembly just ended.

"We came back here so you could talk to a teacher?" Dean asked Sam as they pulled up to the school. "He's a good guy."  "Well, whatever. Go have your Robin Williams "O captain! My captain!" moment. Just make it quick." Sam left the car. "What's wrong with you?" Dean asked. "Nothing." Ashley said from the backseat, her voice bitter. "Are you seriously still angry about your shoes?"  "Of course I'm still angry about my shoes! There are blood stains all over them! I can never wear them again! And I just broke those in." She muttered. "Oh well. Get new ones." Sam came rushing out, hopping in the car, "It's not gone!"

Ashley sighed as she sat in Culinary. She would say she doesn't know why Dean had insisted she come with them, but since Dean had found out about her visions, he had been acting really weird, not even letting her out of the house without him. She kept looking back to the guy who she still doesn't know the name of. 2 towns in a row. She's certain he's following them. It's no coincidence. The bell rang, knocking Ashley out of her thoughts. "Alright, we will pick up again tomorrow. Remember that on Friday, we're going to make tacos." Ashley looked down to see her blank piece of paper. She quickly shoved her notebook into her backpack, standing up. "Can I talk to you?" Ashley asked the guy in an annoyed tone. He continued to walk out of the room, not saying a word. "Seriously, who are you?" She half yelled, making him turn around. "Come here." He gruffly said, grabbing her by the wrist and pulled her into a nearby janitors closet. "What?" He seemed really annoyed, yet bored. "Who are you? Why have I seen you in multiple towns? Are you following us or something? And how do you know Sam?" She quickly asked. "It's seriously just coincidence. My family hunts, which is how I know them. The magicians were suppose to be my first solo case, then this one, but you guys keep showing up and it's starting to piss me off!" He yelled, walking out of the closet. She rolled her eyes, still not knowing his name. She was about to walk after him, but her phone buzzed. 'We leave in the morning.' Dean had sent her. Good.  This school is full of douche bags.

Ashley slowly packed up her belongings while listening to the TV. It was probably 3 A.M. and Sam and Dean were sleeping in the room next door. "God, what is with that guy? He's not even a guy, he's a douche bag. A huge dick-wad." She spoke softly to herself, "He's a huge baby. Boo-hoo, you didn't your case or whatever. Suck it up, man." Her phone began to go off, making her run to grab it. "Hello?"  "Come outside." The guy said. "What? No. How'd you get my numb-" "Just do it." He said, then hung up. She quietly opened the door, stepping out into the freezing cold. There were only a few lights in sight. She looked to the ground floor, seeing the guy. "What do you want? And how'd you get my number?" She asked, walking down the nearby stairs to meet him. He held out a shiny silver phone to her, "You should probably sneak that back in with Sam's crap." She grabbed it out of his hand roughly. "You need to be careful with them." "With who?"  "The Winchesters." "First of all, nothing's going to happen. And second of all, who are you to tell what to do? You can't come here, and ignore me, then show up in the middle of the night, telling me what to do! I don't even know you!" She yelled slightly, crossing her arms, rubbing her hands up and down slightly, trying to protect herself from the cold. He sighed, shrugging off his dark grey zip up sweatshirt, holding it out to Ashley. "I don't want your damn sweatshirt."  "Just put the damn thing on!" He tossed it to her. She reluctantly slid it on, zipping it up. "You just need to trust me. The Winchesters are bad news."  "I don't believe that." "Seriously, be careful with them!"  "Once again, don't tell me what to do!" She said, turning to walk away. She was only a couple doors away from her room when the guy grabbed her wrist, turning her around to face him. Her back met the wall harshly and one of the guy's hand landed on her waist while the other was placed on the back of her neck. His lips roughly met hers, making her drop her room key. After a few seconds, she got over the shock and started to kiss back. He's still a douche bag. Once they parted, the guy took a step back, turning to leave. Ashley quickly grabbed her key off the ground, then walked to the rail. "I still don't know you're name!" She called. He turned around looking up at her. "Joseph!" He briefly called before turning back to leave. She watched as he hopped in a rusty old blue truck, leaving the parking lot. After she was sure he was gone, she slid back into her room, turning off all of the lights, then hopped back into bed. She fell asleep with one word on her mind. Joseph.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! And if you're not American, Happy Thursday, I guess???? Anywho....

Comment, Vote, Etc...

~Bo