Ch.23: Freaks And Geeks

I woke up, quickly climbing out of the bed. I quietly ran into Joey's room, jumping on his bed. "What are you doing? Its 2 in the morning." He groaned. "Grab your keys and a bag. We leave in 10." I told him before going to my room. I quickly grabbed my stuff, waiting in the living room for Joey. As soon as he stumbled out of his room, we left.

"Where are we even going?" He asked as I turned right in the truck. I shrugged, "I don't know." I said as I parked at The Pineview Hotel. We looked around the parking lot. There were a lot of Impalas. "Uhh..." I looked to see Joey staring at the cars. "Let go inside." I said, walking to the entrance. We walked in to see a bunch of people in costume, most of them dressed in suits or dressed in flannels, work boots, jeans, and a t-shirt. "At least we fit in?" I said, straightening my flannel. "We should go." Joey said, pointing to scarecrow. He waved his scythe in someone's face before walking away. The two guys he was talking to turned around. "It's too late." I said as I made eye contact with Sam.

"Welcome to the first annual Supernatural convention. At 3.45 in the Magnolia room we have the panel, 'Frightened little boy, the secret life of Dean'. And at 4:30 there's the 'Homoerotic subtext of Supernatural'." Me and Joey started to laugh, making Dean lightly push us, telling us to shut up. I bit my lip, continuing to listen to the con manager, "Oh, and of course the big hunt starts at 7pm sharp." This made everyone start to clap. "But right now, right now I'd like to introduce the man himself. The creator, the writer of the supernatural books. The one, the only, Carver Edlund!" Everyone started to clap and cheer as Chuck walked on stage. After the massive feedback stopped, Chuck spoke, "Ok. Ok good, this isn't nearly as awkward as I...." He cleared his throat multiple times. "Dry mouth." He said before gulping down his water. "Ok. Uh... ahem. So I guess... questions?" Almost everyones hand shot up. We listened to people as questions, basically complaining. At one point, Becky got up in some dudes face. I thought she was going to sucker punch him. "Well there lies an announcement, actually. You're all going to find out." Chuck looked back at us before speaking again, "Thanks to a wealthy Scandinavian investor, we're going to start publishing again." This made people jump up, screaming and cheering. "Wait a damn minute!" Dean yelled.

"I'll be there soon!" I heard Joey half-yell into his phone from a few feet away. I finally saw Chuck, so I began to walk over to him to ask some questions. "In case you haven't noticed, our plates are kind of full, ok? Finding the Colt, hunting the devil. We don't have time for this crap." I heard Dean lecture as I walked up. "Hey, I didn't call you!"  "He means the books, Chuck. Why are you publishing more books?" Sam asked. "Um...for food and shelter?" Dean leaned over Chuck's chair, his voice threatening, "Who gave you the rights to our life story?"  "An Archangel, and I didn't want it!"  "Well, deal's off, ok. No more books. Our lives are not for... public consumption." Sam said, looking at Becky. "Ah..Becky. Would you excuse us for just a second?" I asked. She ignored me, so I gave Sam a look. "Please?" He asked. "Uh-huh!" We all walked out to the hallway. "Do you guys know what I do for a living?" Chuck asked. Yeah Chuck, we know."  "Then could you tell me? Cause I don't, all right? I'm not a good writer. I've got no marketable skills. I'm not some hero who can just hit the road and fight monsters, Ok? Until the world ends, I gotta live, all right? And the Supernatural books are all I've got. What else do you want me to do?" Once Chuck finished his rant, a woman screamed. "No, guys...wait!" Chuck called as Sam and Dean began to run towards the scream. I grabbed Joey's arm before he could run too, "Its seven. The hunt's beginning." I reminded him. Everyone ran the way Sam and Dean did. Joey placed his hand on my lower back, leading me the other way. "What's up?" I asked as we came to a stop. "I can't keep letting you drag me away to go on these vacations-"  "Cause meeting the anti-Christ in tiny human form is vacation."  "Oh my god! Is this a cute Jo and Dean moment? I have always shipped them. They are the cutest couple." Some chick in a suit with a fake beard began to gush. "Beat it, lady." Me and him snapped at the same time. She defensively put her hands up walking away. "My brothers need me. I have a job to do." He said, looking at some people passing by. "If you have a job to do, go do it. Whatever." I said, walking back to Sam and Dean, who were reading a piece of paper. "You're so gonna win this." Becky said. "Hey, where's he going?" Dean asked me, motioning to Joseph, who was walking out the front doors. I just shrugged.