Pleasure Meeting You

Ace

Darwin tossed a fully loaded gun to me. I turned off the safety mode. I shifted my head to the left signally the crew that it was time to move in.

Tae kicked the door in and we all ran in ready to kill whatever got in our way.

The house was packed with Mexicans. We held up our guns and they held up theirs.

"Amigo it don't have to be this way. Whatever you want, we give." He said in his thick Hispanic accent.

"We want all y'all shit." I said putting the gun to his head.

He chuckled. "Oh no amigo I'm afraid I can't give you all of it."

"Then I guess we gotta' start a war." I sent two bullets straight to his brain.

After that his whole crew starting fire at us .

"Oh shit." Tae yelled and jumped behind the couch.

About 30 minutes later we took every last one of them down.

"Everybody good?" I asked.

"Yea boss."

"Alright. All y'all asses pick up every bullet and every body you see laying on the ground." I ordered. "Darwin and Pepper you come with me to get the money and drugs." I said to them.

"Aye what about me homie?" Tae asked.

"Oh yea. Tae yo bitch ass need to go change ya panties. I'm sure you pissed on yourself."

The whole crew laughed. Tae smacked his lips and shook his head.

"Come on y'all." I told pepper and Darwin as I led them to the back of the house.

Pepper was a cool chick. She was the only female in the crew but she handled her business like a man. She also had a thing for my boy Darwin.

"So what you gone do after this?" Pepper asked getting the money and placing it into a duffle bag.

"Uhh." I looked at my Rolex. "Imma probably stop by Benny's Soul Food and get a plate to eat. And then hit the crib."

"Nigga it's 10 pm. It's a little early to be heading home don't ya think?" Darwin asked.

I chuckled. "You right."

"You don't wanna go to the strip club and celebrate our victory tonight?"

"Nah man. Not tonight." I said.

"Darwin your not going to the strip club when you can see this pussy anytime." Pepper said to Darwin.

"Aye don't start that freaky shit with me around." I told them.

They both laughed. About 30 minutes later we were done loading the heroine and cocaine into the van. And all the money in the trunk.

"Y'all all did good tonight. See ya bright and early tomorrow." I said to the gang.

I hopped into my Benz and started driving to get something to eat.

Lauren

The floor seemed like it was taking forever to get clean.

"Baby put some elbow into it." Ms. Evelyn said.

I sighed and "put some elbow into it" whatever that means.

The bells went off indicating that someone entered the restaurant.

"We're closed." I said not looking up.

"No he's family." Ms. E said.

I finally looked up and saw it was that scary looking man from the other day.

"Oh." I said still staring at him.

He was so damn sexy. His tattoos went perfectly with his caramel complexion.

"Lauren. Can we go?" Abby said.

"Um yea. As soon as I finish mopping."

"Well hurry. It's dark and I hate walking in the dark."

"I hope yall not thinking about walking home at this time of night in these Compton streets." Ms. Evelyn said.

"Yes ma'am we are. It's not a big problem."

"Oh no your not. My son will be glad to take y'all home." She said and looked at the man with hella tattoos. "Ain't that right Antwan."

He sighed. "Yea it ain't a problem."

*

*

*

"Have a good night!" Ms. E yelled as we walked out the door.

When we got outside. The man unlocked a Benz.

"Wow." I said staring at it.

"What you standing there for?" He asked.

"I- umm- never mind."

Abbygail got into the back seat and I got into the front.

The man started up the car. Before driving off he lit his cigar.

"My sister has asthma can you not smoke right now?"

"My damn car I can do whatever I-"

Abby started coughing badly.

The guy sighed and tossed his cigarette out the window. He stepped on the gas and pulled off.

"Gotta' name shawty?" He asked.

"Lauren. You?"

"Ace." He said stopping at a red light.

"Ms. Evelyn said your name was Antwan-"

"My name is Ace in these streets. Don't call me anything else but Ace." He spoke bluntly.

This nigga was hella rude and disrespectful.

"Well Mr. Ace I see your not friendly."

He chuckled. "Where you live?"

"4 blocks ahead. Make a right at the stop sign and it's the raggedy apartments with the drug heads handing around."

"Gotcha." He said.

The rest of the car ride was silent. 10 minutes later we finally arrived.

Abby stepped out the car and I did the same.

"Thanks for the ride. It was a pleasure meeting you."