Sorry About The Tear Marks

Ginny had begged me to come to the Gryffindor common room. I was happy she wanted me to come. I missed her. Even though it's only been Five days. I miss having someone to talk to. And I'm not going to spill all of my secrets to Malfoy.

Speaking of Malfoy. He hasn't changed, at all. He's still a jerk. Although, I think he realized that there were worse problems than making me feel as If I were the dirt at his feet. He doesn't call me mudblood anymore. Well, I shouldn't say anymore. He hasn't called me that ever since yesterday after potions. I guess something finally clicked in him. That or he has forgot to . 

I grabbed my books and walked out of the Head's common room. LuLu smiled and waved at me.

It wasn't a long walk to the Gryffindor Tower. Only four floors up. I realized my problem a little too late.

I got up to the portrait of the Fat Lady. "Password?" She asked. I cursed at myself. I didn't ask Ginny what the password was. I opened my mouth and was about to say something super smart like, uh... I don't know. But, Neville Longbottom saved me.

"Hermione?" He grinned. I turned and smiled. I gave him a hug, "Hello Neville. How was your summer?" I asked. He grinned, "Oh It was amazing! My grandmother bought me a new wand!" He pulled out his new wand and I smiled at him, "That's great Neville!" He nodded, "Are you trying to get in?" I nodded and frowned, "I seem to have forgotten to ask Ginny what the password is." He smiled.

He turned to the Fat Lady, "Cockroach Clusters." She nodded her head and the portrait opened. I gave Neville a thankful smile. "Thank you Neville." He smiles and nods, "I'll tell you when the password changes," He laughs and scratches his neck, "Just don't try to keep a list. I learned that the hard way." I laughed and nodded, "I won't. And thank you Neville." He nods and says, "Well, I'm off to study for potions. It gets harder and harder." He mutters. "Bye Hermione!" I smile and say, "Goodbye Neville."

He walks away and I enter Gryffindor Tower. As soon as I came out of the doorway, Ginny had jumped on me, and I was carrying her bridal style. "'Mione!" She calls. I laugh, "Ginny!" She grins and hops out of my arms. "I've missed you!" I laugh, "Ginny, it's been five days. And I've been with you every class of every day." She shrugs, I roll my eyes, "Alright, I missed you too." She grins.

We walk into the Common room and I saw Seamus Finnigan playing exploding snap with Colin Creevey. They waved in hello. I returned the gesture. Harry and Ron were playing Wizards chess. And frankly, Ron was getting killed.

That didn't surprise me, though. Ever since first year, when Ron showed Harry how to play in the Great Hall, Harry had always beat Ron. What surprised me, was that the leech, a.k.a Lavender, was not attached to Ron.

"Hey 'Mione." Harry grinned. I smiled, "Hey Harry." I looked at Ron. He acted as If I wasn't there. Ginny was about to go over and punch him, but I grabbed her arm, "I expected nothing more." I told her. She glared at him, "That's not a good excuse for me not to beat that stupid look off his face," She gave him a thoughtful glance, "Or maybe I could knock some sense into him." I rolled my eyes, "Come on." I said.

She finally stopped trying to attack him and muttered, "Fine, I'll do it when you leave." I rolled my eyes and walked over to the couch across from the fireplace. Ginny sat next to me. "So, tell me about living with the ferret." I rolled my eyes, "He's a jerk. But, I think someone knocked some sense into him." Ginny raised her eyebrows in surprise, "Why do you say that?" She asks. I shrug, "Well, he hasn't called me mudblood since after potions yesterday." Ginny raised an eyebrow, "That's an improvement?" I nodded.

She looked astonished, "If he doesn't call you that retched name in a week, then maybe I'll start warming up to him." I laugh, "Yeah right." Ginny shrugged, "If you're ready to forgive him for all of the stuff he did in the past to you, then I am too." I raise an eyebrow at her, "Why would I forgive him for that?" She shrugs, "I've got a bet going with Blaise Zabini. I raise an eyebrow at her, "Oh, you do?" She nods. "And what is that?" I ask.