Chapter 14

I woke up with the cave feeling cold and hard. The darkness was still in the cave with the rushing falling water that seemed to get louder. When I stand on my four legs I could feel the pain in my neck start to hurt again that I have to clench my teeth to hide my pain. I ignore it and wake up my 3 guards.
They groaned but got up quickly as there eyes were still half open. "Yes princess were awake," they all said at the same time. I accepted there answer and told them to change into their wolf form. They did as I say and quickly went outside with me. By the time I get around the rocks and into the forest I noticed that it was raining which explained why the water sounded louder and the cave got colder. 'Oh great.' I thought again. It's raining reminders me of the day I ran away.
"We got to hurry and move." I say to them. I start running towards my house which is about 5 miles away which I know I can get there in a good amount of time. The only problem that I have is still those wolves whose after me. At least I have a lot of energy right now. By the time were almost half way there I smell one of the wolves present. I look around and see a gray wolf that looked a lot like Cameron. But I keep going forward, I can't get side tracked. I can't stop, and I won't.
Right after I'm almost to my house well more of a white mansion I hear Tim's voice. "Princess Moonlight what are you going to do when you see him."
"To tell you the truth, fight him but I guess I have to be smart and see the situation is before I can make my next move. But surely I know one thing." I then paused a moment trying to catch my breathe as were still running and used a voice like stone. "he won't get away with what he has done."
"Not to be rude but-never mind, where here." We all stopped running while I was in front of his-no my house. When I was about to knock I stopped and realized I need to get some clothes and look presentable. I want him to see how I look. "Hold on I'm going to my room. You guys stay somewhere dry. Now this is my fight; you guys can't help me from here on out." I said in a strong voice.
"Princess please-" said Ethan but I cut him off as I started to run to my room which was on the 3rd floor with a window I can get in at least I'm not in the highest floor: the 5th. I climb up the ladder which wasn't easy being a wolf but I managed. If I did turn into my human there's a chance someone or my guards will see me nude. I pushed open my window and get in. I stood in my wolf form as I walked into the center of the room. The lights were off and when I turned it off I looked at my room. But a really good look now noticing how plain it is with the most basic stuff. My queen sized bed that now I just realized is slightly bigger than a normal bed. The pink sheets looked dyed. That's all the way on the corner opposite from the door on the left side when you walk in. I only have a small book shelf next to my smaller than a room closet with a tiny desk on the other side. Never had it looked so small to me before. Cheap. Compared to the throne room this looks like a joke.
When I looked at my window again it seemed as though the rain started to get harder with the thunder coming in again. I sighed and brushed out all the thoughts; I'm just wasting time right now. I quickly went to my closet and noticed nothing really captured my interest. But I decided that I would wear a navy blue shirt that made my red hair pop out intensely and some very stretchable black pants that didn't stick to my skin and tennis shoes. I went to my bathroom and looked at the mirror one last time and noticed that my makeup was all over my face. I got mad for a second but I just washed it off and quickly but quietly ran down to the throne room where I'm guessing that's where my dad is.
When I'm in front of the door I open it a little and take a peek inside and saw him in an image I would have never guessed. With no one but him inside it seemed as though he took a pleasure of being alone. It looked like he got a bit fatter or maybe I never noticed before. He's wearing his gold silk clothes. With his beard and mustache looking like there were some stains of beer with lazy brown eyes.
I knew he fooled everyone saying how he cares. The next thing I knew I slam the door open hard where by the time the door smacked on to the walls some of the glass broke which caused the king to stir. He quickly looked at the doors and his expression changed to not a care in the world to his intense eyes looking mad but with a face of pure shock.
"Who are you to be doing that." He then got of his royal chair and started to walk up to me with heavy footsteps. He stopped 4 inches away from my face his face now red with hatred. And I could smell his breathe reeked with beer.
I talked in a sarcastic sweet voice. "Oh how can you not remember? It's me." I stopped and gave him a hateful smile. "Your daughter."
"Princess moonlight?" he said not believing me.
"Hello again." I then talked annoyed. With a peevish face. "Do you like my appearance now? Of what they did to me."
"They did this to you?" He then took a really good look at me and examined me. He then stopped and looked at my bandages in my neck."What did they do to you?"
I gave him a salty look. "Like you give a damn."
This took him back. At how I would never speak to him like this. "How could you leave me and you know what." I took a step forward after another one until I was right in front of his face. "You don't love me. I finally know for sure. I was a fool to try and please you. Did you ever accept what I did to try and impress you. No!"
He took a step back and now it was his turn to show a parents face when a child has done something bad. Almost like he wanted to smack me. "You are the worst you know that."
For a second my heart hurt it felt horrible but I scraped it away quickly before it overtook me. I can't go to square one. "Of course not, your a girl. Why would I ever think you would do anything good. And trust me one time I did give you a chance and do you know why.?" He paused and continued again making the tension between us grow followed by thunder. "because of your mom. But she payed the price for you."
What..what are you talking about." I said stuttering. "What about my mom. You never let me talk about her."
"You are the reason why she is dead."
"No this can't be.. Your lying! What proof do you have anyway?"I said trying to be calm.
"Remember that plant. "
"No, what about it? Wait now I remember. I never brought it to you."
"Exactly how could you do that." He said in a pity voice. "Could you have killed your own mom."
"Noooo!" I screamed at the top of my lungs followed by a loud thunder and I charged at the alpha turning into my red wolf filled with many mixed feelings.