More of a blog

Welcome, fellow readers, to the Series of Unfortunate Events blog. For those of you who have read Once Upon A Time, I used to Like this Show, this is something of similar nature. Except it's more of a rant and personal discussion than it is a complaining book.

Sorry. I don't mean to post these, but I need somewhere to jot down my thoughts! And express myself in a nice conversation. I don't know about you guys, but website blogs and YouTube have just become nothing but a breeding ground for insensitive jerks. Which is so sad, but that's a story for another day.

For those of you who are familiar with A Series of Unfortunate Events, I can't tell you how much of a fan I am of this series and how much I'm glad to find another Unfortunate out there. (That's what I'm going to call the fan club since I don't know if there's an official name for it). I have almost all of the books, (which I got into when I was just a kid), I have the original movie, and I even once did a project on the actual author, Daniel Handler. But again, that's another story.

The only adaption I have ever seen of this series is in the 2004 movie of the exact same name. The  big name apparently was Jim Carrey, but big names aside, I loved that film! It reflected the dreariness of the book, it made the children look as miserable as they feel in the book in their present circumstances, the actors were perfectly cast to match the personalities of each of the characters, the atmosphere was great, and even though they only covered the first three books, the changes they made to make them all flow together, as well as the ambiguous ending, was done PERFECTLY!!!!!!!! Did they make all the books? No. But what I liked was that the thirteenth book informed the reader that the fate of the Baudelaires was unknown and that was how the movie ended. They headed towards an unknown fate that the reader had to come up with. Which I loved! However, apparently people had a ton of problems with this film. They say there was too much emphasis on Jim Carrey. The books were too quickly covered. Yadiyadiyada! Well, regardless, I enjoyed myself.

So...why in the world am I on here?

As of January 13, 2017, there is a brand new rendition of this series. Instead of a movie though, they've done a series which is eight episodes long. (So I can imagine they would only do three seasons. Or maybe four. The last two books are kind of long). I was a bit skeptical of watching it since I'm very attached to the old movie, but I thought, 'It's a new spin on the series we all love. Plus, they have more time to develop, design, and script the characters which means more scenes we may have glossed over in the original film'. So, I gave it a go. As of this point in time, I've only seen the season premiere. And as of right now, I have only one thing to say.....

.....

.....

What. The heck. Did I just watch?

But that's just my opinion.

Prepare, fellow readers. For while I may rant and rave for the next few chapters, this doesn't mean I'm not open to free discussion. For those of you who have not seen the series or the movie, I would suggest watching them now, and only because, if you do like the series, I don't want to spoil you. Though if you've read the books, there isn't too much to spoil, really.