Information: HD 189733 b

HD 189733 b is a planet orbiting a star named HD 189733 A. Nicknamed the 'Blue Marble', This planets swirls and colours are molten glass that had rained down. That is correct, this planet rains Molten Glass! It is located 63 light years away from our solar system in the constellation Vulpecula the Fox. With a mass 13% higher than that of Jupiter, HD 189733 b orbits its host star once every 2.2 days at an orbital speed of 152.5 kilometres per second (341,000 mph), making it a hot Jupiter with poor prospects for extraterrestrial life. Being the closest transiting hot Jupiter to Earth, HD 189733 b is a subject for extensive atmospheric examination.

HD 189733 b was the first extrasolar planet for which a thermal map was constructed, to be detected through polarimetry, to have its overall colour determined (deep blue), to have a transit detected in X-ray spectrum and to have carbon dioxide det...

HD 189733 b was the first extrasolar planet for which a thermal map was constructed, to be detected through polarimetry, to have its overall colour determined (deep blue), to have a transit detected in X-ray spectrum and to have carbon dioxide detected in its atmosphere. With a temperature of over 1000° Celsius (1832° Fahrenheit) Terrestrial life form expectations are poor and low, meaning life would be not impossible but unlikely on the Blue Marble-looking Exoplanet. More is to be discovered about this planet, and hopefully it will happen soon.