Chapter 11

I let my breath out, making my life-determing decision. I know what I must do. "Kylo, I...will help you."

Relief flooded his face. Perhaps it could be considered joy. He took my hands, gently kissing them. "Thank you."

"Only on one condition," I added, making him frown. Hey, I'm going to benefit from this too.

"Which is?"

"I want to have the ability to visit my family," I said, nearly crying again by the thought of them. "I know you don't understand the connection, coming from a life previous of betrayal in your eyes, but I love and miss them very much. Please just let me see them again."

Kylo considered it then shook his head. "You can't."

I felt a little piece of me fall apart. "Why?"

"Just because I say you can't," he snapped. "Your duty is to the First Order and to the First Order only. You need to forget about your family."

Kylo POV

True reason: If she goes home, she won't come back...

I can't lose her. I need her here with me. Together, we could take Snoke down. And a real relationship could happen too but what's detrimental is her fulfilling her dedication to the Dark Side. Love can wait.

Summer POV

"Please?" I begged, not knowing what else to do. "I just want to say goodbye..."

He sighed. "I'll...think about it. No promises. Now onto more important matters. Your training. We shall start immediately. Come with me."

He started for the door but there was still one problem. "Um, Kylo?"

He turned back to me, an eyebrow raised.

I raised my binded wrists. "Can these come off?"

He eyed me. "Can I trust you without your restraints?"

I glared at him. "Really? Do you really want to go there?"

Not hesitating, Kylo waved his hand and the restraints fell to the floor. "There. Now let's go."

* * * * * *

"I should still have them..."

I waited anxiously on the edge of his bed as Kylo searched his closet for what he claimed will give me a prompt start to my training.

"Aha!" He came out of the closet, books stacked in his arms. He set them down next to me and I coughed over the dust. "Here. Six books that will give you an in depth knowledge of the Force."

"All of them?" These books were thick, and the layers of dust was starting to choke me.

"Yes. The Force is not just about physical use, there is also mental use, which is even more vital. I read these books before I started my training and it aided me deeply."

I grimaced at the work before me. "If you say so."

"Try to get through as much as you can before tomorrow," he said, donning his helmet.

My jaw nearly dropped. "All of them?"

He nodded, heading towards the door. "I have the perfect location to start the physical training, so brush up on the mental side of it."

I noticed him leaving and I called out, "Wait, aren't you going to help me?"

He paused in the doorway, glancing back at me. "Can't you read?"