Part 9

Apni har iccha se pehle hamari khwahish puri karte hain...

Its been two days since they came back from the hospital.Two days since they married properly.Two days since Khushi was kidnapped and saved and two days since Arnav has turned silent.

There was a time when Khushi has stayed silent and aloof to everyone especially Arnav and now there was a role reversal.Only difference was that, Arnav would not neglect Khushi at all.He would take care of her, help her in everything but silently without meeting her eyes, without talking to her.

Everyone noticed it except for Khushi because most of the time, she would be sleeping due to the medicines as there were many wounds, injuries she got during the long run she had in the jungle for the whole night.Her feet were swollen due to infection caused by the thorns and also by constant running.She would wince in pain while trying to move them.That was one thing, her face, her arms, her hands also showed signs of the struggles she had during that fiasco.

And every time Arnav would look at her, he would drown in guilt more and more and this would make him avoid her eyes whenever he fed her, whenever he helped her bath, whenever he would feed her medicines, whenever he helped her change.Khushi would've been too drowsy with medicines and pain to notice that.Almost all the times, her eyelids were dropping due to the pain and painkillers would keep her unfocused.

Anjali tried to talk to him but he won't listen.She gave up for the time being knowing now only Khushi could drove him out of this guilt.

It was after a week when Khushi started noticing the change in her Arnavji and it hurt her like hell.She started noticing it all that night when she told him how Shyam's touch disgusts her still.

She rubbed her arms before glancing up at him.

"He...touched me here Arnavji.." She pointed towards her cheek where that leech has rubbed his fingers."...And...here.." she hiccuped pointing towards her neck.

He blinked back the tears feeling choked seeing her like this.

"I feel like scratching my skin..." She was sobbing without a noise."I feel disgusted of myself.He was about to..." She pursed her lips."If you hadn't come then..." She couldn't complete.

She looked up at him annoyed when he stared at her like a statue sitting on the bed besides her.

"WHY AREN'T YOU SAYING ANYTHING??!!!" She bellowed pushing him away.

"I...am sorry. Really very sorry."He said and walked away leaving her stumped and hurt.

Tying the knot of the bathrobe, he carried her up in his arms and exited the bathroom while Khushi closely looked at him.He was serious.His facial expressions has turned like the old times, like the time when they had first met, when he thought she has ruined his fashion show.Unlike that time, he wasn't meeting her eyes and he wasn't shouting at her at all but there was strange restlessness emanating from him which he was trying hard to mask.

As he lowered her onto the bed and arranged the pillows behind her and under her swollen feet, she blurted out bluntly.

"Are you angry on me Arnavji?"

"No, why would you think that?"

"Because you are not meeting my eyes.You are serious."

"I have always been serious Khushi if you remember? I am not a joking person."He said applying ointments on the wounds on her face, her arms, her hands.