Part 10(Last)

Kabhi kabhi toh humein darr lagta hai k agar hum chand taare bhi maang lay na toh woh bhi de dein gay...

"He is back Khushi ji.. Best of Luck."Anjali said eagerly and left giving her a brief hug.

Khushi's heart pounded in her ears as she waited for him. It was after a month that he went to office.For taking care of her, he would work and instruct Aman from home.She would sleep due to the effect of medicines and he would work till late to make up for the work loss which followed due to his absence.He attended several video conferences at home sometimes in their room, sometimes at the poolside or study.She would fell guilty.She tried to ask him not to fret too much as there are others who could look after her and he could go manage his work but no he won't listen.He did so much for her and she wanted to do something for him too now that she was fully fine.She wanted to bring back the happiness on his face, that one he truly deserves and so did they after all the hardships.

His footsteps neared and she looked at herself in mirror one last time before taking deep breaths to calm her nerves.

You can do this Khushi. Yes you can.

Arnav bursted into the room talking on the phone.Khushi turned to stand at the space in between the dressing table and the door breathing unevenly and closed her eyes.

Seeing the room engulfed in darkness, he absentmindedly reached for the switchboard and turned on the light still talking to Aman on the phone.

Khushi hit her head with her palm as the light lit up the room.

Trust this Laad Governor to ruin all her romantic plans like this

"And make sure..Uh" Arnav noticed the changes in the room as soon as he turned on the lights and he couldn't speak further.

"Aman I will talk to you later." He cut the call and walked to the decorated bed, his back to Khushi while Khushi stayed glued to the wall not knowing how to say it to him.She has practiced but now..she don't know how to say it to him that she wanted to start their new life together now.

You have to do this Khushi. Yes, just go to him and..

Her monologue was interrupted as he snatched back the sheets angrily startling her, hurting her feelings.

"Who the hell played this prank with me?"He growled turning around and froze seeing the hurt on her face and then it dawned on him.

"Khushi?" It wasn't any question but the realization and out came the guilt for not trying to think rationally and acting on impulse.He was pissed off due to the workload as a chaos was there in AR as he couldn't attend the office the last month.He has come back home just to shower and to leave again for another meeting that seeing all the decoration he thought someone from home was trying to fool him.He didn't expect it to be Khushi and her feelings attached to it.

He acted fast as she reached for the door letting out a whimper.

"Khushi.." He said tiredly.

Was he tired of her?

"It was work related tension. I didn't think once before acting." He was genuinely guilty.

Khushi smiled through her tears turning to him.

Didn't she know how much work he neglected because of her? Khushi thought, her hurt mellowed down taking a form of understanding.

Maybe she can plan it for some other day.