Chapter 2

Jack walked into Jace's place and went straight into the living room where Jace was.
"Please explain to me why your front door is open when you've got people trying to kill you."

Jace looked up from his phone.
"I knew you were coming."

"Still, not safe." Jack sat down on one of the couches, "She's on her way."

"Good. Let's get this over with so I can get to work."

"By the way," Jack said, "how much do you know about your step-brother? Because you've had your hands busy since you got back and haven't had much time to get to know him."

"Asides from the fact that he's out for my blood, nothing much," Jace sighed "He's got a lot of people who work for him, and I mean outside the company he runs. A lot more who owe him."

"Dangerous people I presume."

Jace nodded.
"Businessmen by day, Mafia always. We have to start by getting those ones to back off first. He has to lose connection with those people."

Jack nodded, agreeing
"Killing his plan from the inside."

A phone rang and Jack took out his phone from his pocket and answered the call.
"Feilman?"

Silence.

"Alright, the door is open."

Jack hung up and looked at Jace,
"She's here," He said, "Do you want to make the introductions or should I?"

"She's your agent."

Ariana walked into the house of Jace Black, a duffel in one hand. She shut the door behind her then made her way towards what she hoped was the living room. Her footsteps could be heard as she approached Jack and Jace.

Her reluctant steps grew confident when she saw the Director.
"Agent Feilman, good to have you here."

Not like she had a choice.
She thought.

Ariana placed her bag next to the pillar of the wide arch leading into the living area and kitchen then walked up to him.
"Director."

Ariana hadn't shifted her gaze once to Jace but since she walked into the room, he's had his eyes on her. Ariana wore her usual all black from head to boots. She hadn't taken off her black biker jacket or her biker's gloves. Her hair was in a bun, as it always was, at the base of her head. Her face was bare, with no hint of make-up and no accessories of any kind, not even earrings.

"Agent Feilman this is Jace Black."

That was the one moment Ariana turned her gaze to meet Jace's gaze and he blinked, caught off guard at how green her eyes were.

"Jace, Agent Feilman."

Ariana gave Jace a curt nod in acknowledgement and he return it, nothing was said or needed to be said.

"Well, I'll leave you both to your jobs," Jack said to them both, "See you later, Jace."

"Thanks, Jack."

Jack nodded as he walked past Ariana and away from the both of them smiling to himself, hoping one of them would help the other in some way. Jace needed something to do with his life other than run the company and as much as Jack wanted his friend safe, the hit on him had presented an opportunity Jack couldn't pass up. As for Ariana, he'd been keeping a close eye on all his agents since he became Director. The files on her and the way he'd seen how she drove herself was too familiar. Putting those two together would be solving two problems with one opportunity.

Jack left Jace's place with a smile so big and a hopeful soul.

Back inside, Jace's attention was back on his phone but all the while still aware of Ariana's movements. Ariana's gaze shifted to different corners of the house from where she stood, taking note of any exits that could be an entrance from people who were after him.