Chapter Nine: Nothing Screams Platonic Like Being Able to Discuss Facial Hair

THE BAD BOY'S GIRL EBOOK OUT NOW, PAPERBACK RELEASES MAY 2, 2017! <3 Link to pre-order or purchase is in the external link or the top link in my Wattpad bio :)

Chapter Nine: Nothing Screams Platonic Like Being Able to Discuss Facial Hair

Here's the truth about being in a long term relationship and it's not going to be full of rainbow sprinkles and magical unicorn glitter. The fact is, relationships are hard even if you're madly in love with your significant other. It takes time, tears and a whole lot of work for two people to be able to stay together over a certain amount of time. You're going to disagree, you're going to want to and probably will throw things at one another and there will be times when you just want to quit.

But you don't because in the end you realise that you'd rather chop off your right arm than be without that person.

Cole is my person, I know that from the depths of my soul but would I say that being with him or that our relationship so far has been easy? No because if I did I'd be a liar. It's taken us a lot to get where we are and even that place is rocky. I fell in love with him when I was seventeen years old, maybe even earlier and now at twenty-two I'm still very much in love with him but things have changed, we've evolved as people. Different things tend to cause a rift between us and different things help settle our problems. But there's one thing that's remained constant and it always will, so take notes folks. No matter how long you've been together, a week or a decade always know that unless and until you're completely honest with your partner, things aren't going to work, simple as that.Lies eventually catch up with you, they poison your relationship and make something wonderful turn ugly. So if you find yourself constantly avoiding the truth in front of your partner, always making excuses or you know, practicing that wonderful thing that is lying by omission know that nothing good or long term can come out of it.

I say this to myself as I open the door for Jay for the third time in over two weeks. Ever since he first stopped by to check up on me, he's come over sometimes on the weekend. The last time we went out for drinks, the time before that we ordered Chinese food and watched Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. There are times when we have actual conversations, like Jay asking me if the stubble he's trying to grow out will help him land more women because nothing screams platonic like being able to discuss facial hair, am I right? There's a lot that can be questioned about my decision to hang out with Jason Stone. Think of it as life coming full circle. The guy who I spent way too much time pining over, wishing he'd look at me and not see the rolls of my stomach, thighs that never had a gap or generally big boned stature but instead see the girl hidden behind all the layers of oversized GAP clothes and fat. But he never did and even when I lost all that weight, for entirely the wrong reasons now that I come to think of it, I still wasn't good enough for him. He'd been too busy spending all his spare time with his limbs entwined with Nicole, who'd been infamous in certain circles for her flexibility.