TEN

"Alice wake up!" My Mom knocked on my door and I groaned.

"Only two more days, Alice. Just two." She said from behind the door, knowing that I wouldn't get up without motivation.

But even the end of school didn't make me motivated enough to get out of bed.

"Maybe I'll get to see Soda..." I thought.

I immediately took off Sodapop's flannel and put on my favorite blue sweatshirt and plaid dark and baby blue skirt.

I loosely tied my hair up in a messy bun on top of my head, with my tiny red curls sticking out at the front.

I walked into my messy bathroom, with my makeup and clothes nearly everywhere on the ground. I quickly brushed my teeth and put on a small coat of mascara. I put on my black converse that my Mom never let me wear, but I didn't really give a shit anymore.

I walked down the steps and picked up my bag on the way. As I walked into the kitchen and my Mom gave me a questionable look.

"Alice love, is that really what you're wearing?" She asked.

"Yes, it is." I smiled.

"Why don't you change. You have enough time today, and I can fix your hair for you and-"

"No thanks, Mom. I'm good."

"Oh, alright. Vicki's coming to pick you up this morning, I have to get to work early, and Aunt Rose isn't able to drive you either."

"What. Why is she driving me to school?" I hissed.

"Woah woah, calm down. What's the matter?" She asked.

"Nothing. Why can't I just go with Anna?"

"First time I've ever heard you said that. She's already left, she was taking Spencer with her."

"Of course. I'm going to wait outside by the gate. Bye, mom."

I sat on the stones and leaned next to the gate, anxious to get this over with.

Five minutes later she pulled up in her car, not saying one word to me. I opened the door and as soon as I got in she began to drive off, without giving me a chance to get hooked. We sat in silence for almost the entire ride.

"So what, you're just going to give me the silent treatment?"

"Maybe." She said, not even looking in my direction.