16

It had been a week since Harley and Joker reunited. Harley thought they were making progress, and that J was growing fond of the idea of raising a child. But every time her face brightened at J when he talked about the baby, he shut back down.

J continued to spend most of his time in his office, leaving Harley all alone.

It was a foggy morning, which dimmed the moods of everyone in Gotham. Harley had just woken up when Joker was already making coffee for them. Harley walked into the kitchen, rubbing her very swollen belly. J poured their coffee into cups, and took small sips of his, watching as Harley added sugar to hers.

He grimaced watching her, how could somebody put that much sugar in coffee? It just killed the taste.

"When do you think..." Joker began to ask when Harley thought the baby would be born, but trailed off before he could finish his sentence. He didn't mean to ask, he just wanted to fill the silence.

"When what, puddin'?" She asked.

J shook his head, as if to say never mind, and left the kitchen, leaving his coffee on the counter.

She sighed, knowing he still needed time to process that he was going to be a father.

The joker, a father. It made most of the citizens in Gotham City laugh at the thought.

Harley knew Joker didn't have much time left to process, considering it had been a little over nine months, and her belly was huge.

She rested a hand on her pregnant belly, "I can't wait till you're outta me.."

Harley walked past J's office, but his door was closed. It was always closed.

She slowly turned the knob, her heart starting to beat rapidly.

She screamed when the door was pulled open from the other side, and where J stood aiming a gun.

"I'm sorry!" Harley said, her eyes tearing up. Normally, she wouldn't have cried, but her hormones were going crazy at the moment.

He put his gun down, grabbing her arm. "What're you doing?" He asked.

She looked at where Joker was grasping her, "I just wanted to see what you were up to-"

"Harley, its none of your business." He said, gritting his teeth and letting go of her arm. She now had purple marks from his grasp. "Let me work in peace." He said, closing the door in her face.

She flinched when the door was closed.

"I need a walk.." she muttered. "Damn hormones.."

Harley slipped into her comfy shoes, and started strolling down the street. She made her way down to the park, admiring the nature. Summer was rolling around, all the trees had different colored leaves growing, flowers were blooming, leaving a pleasurable fragrance in the air. Even with the foggy morning, everything was still beautiful.

Harley was so busy admiring the nature, in fact, when she was grabbed from behind, and forced into a truck.

___

Joker sat at his desk, staring at a photo of him and Harley.

He remembered the moment fondly. They had just destroyed the Gotham City bank, and were sitting on top on a skyscraper, watching the bank burn. Harley was leaning against Jokers left side, his arm wrapped around her waist.

Then he stared at the full bottle of whiskey before him.

He lightly smiled, then resumed his work.

He was planning, for months, nearly a year. A plan to capture Robin, and weaken batman.

He was almost there, almost finished with it. He was deep in thought when his office door was opened.

He grabbed his hand gun that Harley had given him as a gift, and spun around in his office chair. He purposefully shot the wall right next to the door, just to scare whoever had dared to interrupt him. Joker growled when he saw it was just Frost.

"What is it."

"Boss, there's been a problem."

Joker turned back towards his desk, "it'll have to wait. I'm on the verge of finishing this plan." He said, taking a swig of whiskey.

"It can't wait this time, J. It's Harley."

Droplets of sweat formed on Jokers forehead, "is she having the...baby?" He asked slowly.

"No..." Frost started. Joker relaxed. "It's worse" Frost finished.

"What could be worse than that, Frost?" Joker said, laughing.

"She's been captured, sir."