Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Everything happened so fast it took me minutes to open my eyes. Fallon's body shifted at each step he took. I pulled back from his chest and looked at my surroundings. I knew I was in a different realm but it didn't look like it. Everything was so normal. It was something I didn't expect. The one thing out of the ordinary was the stone slab walls. Could we possibly be in England? Or Scotland? On the walls paintings hung. Each one telling a story of their own. On one painting stood a man with gold hair and blue eyes. He wore just a rag to cover him up. He held a sword just like Azreal's but this one reeked of death and destruction. Something sinister lied within it. Darkened surrounded him. He could have been easily mistaken as Lucifer but I recognized that man. It was John.
I fought against Fallon's arms until he let me fall to the stone floor.
"Stupid girl get up." He hisses.
"I'm not stupid. You are." I say with so much hatred.
"Start walking stupid girl."
"I'm not stupid." I say as I walk forward.
We come to large double doors. They are a charcoal black and the door handles are the shape of arms dipped in gold. I wouldn't be surprised if they were real arms. Two of his men reached to open the door.
Inside was no contrast to the outside. The walls were made out of stone and larger paintings decorated the walls. All of them had pictures of fires and demons. People being tortured and burned. Blood smeared all over their faces. All stuck in a cry of horror and hopelessness. A Carpet decorated the floor. The color was similar to the color of blood. In front was a white stone throne. Crimson spots tainted the throne. All though the scene was gruesome there was a sweet scent in the air.
"Keep moving." Fallon instructs and pushed me when I didn't move.
I start walking forward and a door from behind throne opens. Aboddon steps out in all his glory. For a second I forget he is the person that caused my sorrow. For a second I think he is still my John. But I stop myself from ever getting my hopes up.
"Bow down to Lord Aboddon. King of destruction." Fallon announced.
I refused to bow down to the imbecile. Not on my life will I willingly bow to him.
Fallon pushed me to the floor but I forced myself up. I struggled against him until one of his helpers came to his aid. Fallon got a hold my arms and shook me.
"Fallon! Is that a way to treat our guest!" Aboddon shouted at him as he sat on his throne. Fallon let go of my arms and retreated. He glared an icy glare and looked at Aboddon.
"Welcome to my home Esme." Aboddon said with a placid smile.
"I figure you would have a hall of fame for your torture." I said looking at the paintings.
"Best moments of my life."
"When are you going to put me up there." I spit out and glared at him. His face changed into a dark shadow.
"I will not have you to talk to me like."
"What way then? How should I talk to the man who is the reason my life isn't normal? How should I talk to that bastard? How should I talk to you?" I say through my teeth.
My body is surging with anger and hate. My hands are clenched in fists. I could feel my anger taking over my emotions and body. I take a step forward and just as I take a step pain strikes up my cheek. I raise my hands towards my face just as Fallon is about to hit me again. I take a step back before he can hit me again. Aboddon let's out a roar and picks up his sword. He holds it towards Fallon ready to kill him.
"Plead for forgiveness now!" Aboddon yells at Fallon.
"My Lord she was advancing you. She could have killed you!" Fallon pleaded.
"Are you disobeying my orders?" Aboddon growls.
"No My Lord." He said in fear.
"It seems like it. Fallon you have disobeyed me. Now you will pay the consequences." Aboddon says in a deep, dark voice. For once I was truly scared of him.
The ground under Fallon turned into a puddle of blood. He started sinking into it. Fallon was pleading to be given another chance. Bloody hands came out of the puddle and pulled him down. He tried fighting against them. Moans escaped from the puddle and someone's face came out and let a scream. All at once they sunk Fallon into the puddle. Fallon disappeared and all that lingered was the echo of his final scream.
I stared up at Aboddon in horror. I feared for my life. I feared for everything I left behind. Aboddon stared at me with a dark expression and looked away. He threw his sword on the floor. A loud clanging noise vibrates through the room. He turns his back to me. I can feel his power emitting from his body.
"Lock her in the tower." He growls.
I look back at the men and start backing away towards the doors. The 5 were approaching me slowly as if just touching me could make them melt on the floor. I leaned against the doors to push it open but they would not open. I looked at them helplessly and gave in. I didn't want to join Fallon in his pit.
***
I walk forward as they led me to the tower. I looked around for doors and windows. I needed an escape plan and I needed to memorize every possibility. On the both sides there was a red ocean that stretched on. The skies were red with red clouds. There was not one living thing out there. I realized we were on an island. There was no escape unless I wanted to swim and possibly die in hell. I rather try then not do anything.
We came to a stop where a red door was at. I was getting tired of this red and black. One of the men pushed it open and stepped in. We climbed a long spiral stair case. I didn't know how long we went up but it lasted until I was almost out of breath. We came to another door. To my sake it wasn't red but white. One of the men opened the door and gestured for me to go in. Once I stepped in they closed the door and there was click as they locked it. I pounded on the door and wiggles the door nob but it wouldn't budge.
I leaned against the door and closed my eyes. I took in a deep breath and let it out. I heard a distinct growl and opened my eyes. In front of me stood two dogs. They had blood read eyes and saliva dripped from their mouths. They were tall and skinny and I could identify these dogs. I saw these dogs many times when I went over to "John's" house. They were his Dobermans.
I stood as still as possible. They continued to growl at me. Oh dear lord I'm going to die in here! I took a step to the left. As my foot touched the ground they crouched and bared their teeth at me. My heartbeat started beating like a humming bird's wings. I took in a breath and looked at my surroundings.
There was a black lounge a few feet away. Next to it another one and across a coffee table. From there was a balcony and a few feet away a four poster bed. Next to the bed on either side were bed side tables. Then there was two doors about 6 feet away from each other. The walls were decorated with fallen angels of all sorts. One picture caught my eye. Beautiful beings with black wings were falling from the heavens. There faces masked with fear and anger. In the sky were other angels with white wings. Some were laughing others wore expressions of sorrow.
I decided on running towards the lounge, onto the coffee table, leap from the table, and try to land on the giant bed. Hopefully this works.
I make a run for it as the dogs are on my tacks. I can feel their hot breath against my skin. Their slobber hitting me. One scratches my leg but I keep going. I jump on the lounge and jump to the coffee table. The lounge moves from under me and slams against the wall. I push against the table and fall on the bed. The table breaks in half with the pressure. I let out a deep breaths. I try to calm my heart as it races at an unbelievable speed. The dogs bark and growl at me but don't get on the bed. I stare at the scratch at it was nothing bad.
I crawl towards the head of the bed and ball up. I burry my face into my knees and close my eyes.
What have I done to get this?
***
A week has passed since I've been in here. No one has come in here. I've been left alone as a prisoner. The dogs eventually left me alone and only got up when I moved.
I've memorized every line in this room. Every corner. Where the shadows stretched as the day went on. How day and night looked like in here.
I felt like I would go insane at any moment. I feel empty inside. I haven't eaten since I've got here. Yet I don't have the urge to. I haven't found one tint of happiness in here. Only hope and hate. Now I know how innocent prisoners feel like before they get hanged.
I have to try to get out. My brothers must be worried sick. I promised to get out. I need to keep that promise. I need to get out.
I crawl over to the side of the bed. I glance over at the dogs. They have their heads down. They have been asleep for an hour. I let my feet dangle from the side and land on the floor. The floor is cold against my bare feet. I pick up my dress and start walking around the mess I created. I was careful not to brush against and glass. When I got to the balcony I took in a deep breath. My chest was burning where I had held my breath. I turned around to check on the dogs. They were still asleep.
I went to the side of the balcony and looked down. Below was a rock surface were the water met the stone wall to the castle. I could see an island far away. Maybe if I could get out my wings I could fly to the sky. Yeah okay I'm going to fly up there when I've never used them. And I've never learned to get them out. Max is officially the worst teacher ever and I'm the worst student of the the century.
The thought of Max brings a new ache in my heart. I see him standing in front of me. Pushing me to do it. Of course I wouldn't listen at first but then I would try. I need to try.
I take in a big breath. I know I can do this. Or I can die trying.
"What are you doing?" I turned around to see Jo.. Er... Aboddon. standing next to the dogs. Both of them were now awake. I open and close my mouth trying to get a word out. But nothing comes out.
He comes towards me and grips my arm. I wince at the pain. He pushes me inside and slams the balcony doors shut. I could tell he was mad.
"I-I-I was taking some air." I stammer out. I stare at the dogs who have put their attention on me now. They circle around me and I try not to move. They bare their canines at me and slobber slips through their teeth.
He stays quiet, believing my lie. He started walking around the room and went to a cupboard on the wall. He opened it and got two glasses out and a bottle filled with a red liquid. The liquid looked heavy and dark.
"Is that all you wanted? To keep me in a tower locked up? With your stupid demon dogs?" I question John getting tired of the quiet.
"I've got my reasons to why you are here." John says casually.
"I want to know those reasons." I said coldly.
"Can't say darling. You are my guest."
"More like a prisoner." I mutter.
"Don't murmur please. It's really annoying for both of us."
I take a step forward and one of the dogs grazed my leg. I let out a grunt and stop moving.
"Tell your stupid dogs to get away from me!" I say through my teeth. He turns around and whistles at them. At the tone they walk towards the door and lay down.
I cautiously take a step towards the balcony and they don't move. I let out a breath and walk slowly towards the glass doors of the balcony. I press my hands against them and the doors scaled my hands. I jump back and look down at my hands. There is no burn marks. I touch the doors again and I get the same feeling of being burnt. Great a cursed door. Just great.
"Probably should have warned you." John said behind me. I turn around to see him looking at me.
"I should've killed you when I had the chance." I say. I glare at him with so much hate.
"Yet you didn't." He says taking a sip from the red liquid. It taints his lips blood red.
He gestures the cup towards me and I take a step away. He shrugs at me and takes a seat on the lounge. He looks at the mess that I made and looks vaguely impressed. The silence stretched between us. I couldn't stay quiet. I've had enough of that.
"What are you doing in here?" I says crossing my arms.
"What do you mean?" He asks thrown by surprise.
"In this prison. What are you doing in here?"
"A prison?" He starts laughing at me.
"Yes it obviously a prison."
"This is not a prison darling. This is my home." He says with a white smile.
"Oh."
"Does it really look like a prison?"
"No it's lovely." I say fast.
"Don't lie to me darling. I really do hate that."
"But you can lie to me? I don't think so."
"Can you please get over that? What's done is done."
"Can you please let me go? Exactly."
"Is my company that horrible."
"This is your first time up here in days."
"So you missed me?"
"Uh no!" I turn my back from him.
"Look at the time. I got to go." He stands up and heads towards the cupboard.
"Okay fine. Leave me again. See if I'm here when you come back." I say as he turns towards me.
"I have things to do and lives to ruin. I assure you will be here when I come back." He smiles evilly at me.
"That's what you think." I mutter.
"You are more then welcome to take use of the rooms. My pets will leave you alone. Entertain them please. They get lonely."
"Yeah and you can go crash into a house and break your head. You're more then welcome to."
"That's an interesting wish but I won't be doing that." He says as he walks towards me.
"Kiss me and you'll be in a hell of pain." I say stretching my arms in front of me. He swiftly comes from behind me and pulls me in an embrace. He locks my arms to my sides and buries his face in me neck. Shills run down my body at the touch of his hot breath.
"I am the prince of hell. I give the pain not take it." He says lustfully. He kisses my neck and a rush of heat goes through my body.
Then his arms leave my body. I turn around to put him in his place but he is no longer there. I walk over to the bed and sit down. I look up at the white ceiling and try to imagine Max for the first time.
An image comes and it's the first time I met him. He looked like a god but he is no god. He is my fallen angel.