Ellen

2HU FUN FACTS R BACK IN BUSINESS BEGIN THE
H Y P E

1. She does not grow old, but forgets things constantly.

2. This memory loss causes her to remain somewhat childish.

3. Ellen is the main character of Hatarakimono, a manga by one of ZUN's favorite artists.

4. One of Marisa's Palettes in Touhou Hisoutensoku resembles Ellen.

5. Her pet cat, Sokrates, is said to rarely leave Ellen's side.

6. The only time Ellen is seen without him is when she casts a spell card.

7. Ellen's outfit may have been the inspiration for Marisa's outfit later on in the Windows series. Her alternate outfit is even black.

8. Ellen said she is ふわふわエレン (Fuwafuwa Ellen; Fluffy Ellen). In Hatarakimono, Ellen is called so and her full name is エレン・ふわふわ頭・オーレウス (Ellen Fuwafuwaatama Aureus; Ellen Fluffy-Head Aureus).

9. She is shown often with Kana Anaberal, because Kana is implied to be good with children... or they needed a fanon pairing.

L A W L

10. Ellen is often despicted in Fan art owning an antique shop.

11. Ellen is a heroine of はたらきもの (Hatarakimono: good worker), which is a manga by Izumi Takemoto (竹本泉). ZUN is a fan of him; it seems that there is some influence from his manga in the Touhou series.