Prologue.

He stared at the clear, blue water, admiring the view. The waves crashed on the rocks below, causing a slight breeze. Even a few boats were out. He never realized how enchanting a sunrise actually was, considering it was an overused cliche in the movies.

It brought him happiness as he stood on the balcony. It was the best feeling he'd felt in months.

She walked out of the resort beach house in her black swimsuit and smiled gradually as her eyes met him. His hands on his waists as he looked out. And the stunning, tiger tattoo on his back looked so much more enticing in the reflection of the sunlight. This was only the second time she had seen it now that his attire differed from his usual suit and tie.

Now he was shirtless with only black, loose fit shorts and flip flops. He was yet to notice her presence, but she didn't mind. She didn't want to take his attention away from such a serene sight. She then looked to the small of his back, it was undecorated compared to the latter. She felt a sudden urge to touch him. The feeling hit her like the waves against the rocks below. She wanted -- no, she needed to.

She stepped closer, being careful not to make a sound or be her usual clumsy self.

"Can I?"

She didn't wait for a response because she knew she wouldn't get one. Of course, it would be different if this man belonged to her. But sadly, he didn't. He is her boss. And she, his intern.

He should be here with a woman as powerful as he is, but yet he's here on what's supposed to be a business trip with her. The sudden thought made her heart drop.

Even if she were to his standards, it wasn't like he'd see her that way. A man of his stature could spot a fraud from a mile away. He likely preferred being alone, being seen as a lone wolf. Well, tiger in his case. Waiting to pounce on female prey as though it was a deal to be sealed.

She saw love as a waste of time herself. She knew what it was like to love someone, but also knew, first hand, that love and pain come hand and hand. At Least for her it did. She had been in love once or twice, but they both ended the same way.

She over thought a lot, and she could never voice her real feelings, afraid it would taint how people see her.

Weak. Imperfect. Tainted.

Who could she really trust with her dark and pathetic past? If she found someone, could she really learn to be comfortable enough with him? Or learn to be less bashful?

She realized she was over-thinking this moment as she did all moments.

"Don't think about the future or past for once, Ariella. Just think about the now."

And in the now, she was in Thailand with Dante Acosta.

She continued her advance to him, her boss. She reached her hand out and jerked it back when he moved, afraid he had realized she was standing there as her heart thudded against her chest.

She held her hand securely to herself, and her eyes squeezed shut as he leaned over the balcony. She let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding in.

"It's okay," she reassured, her own inner voice appearing to resemble Dante's.

This time she made sure she was going to touch him. She focused in on the untattooed side of his upper back and reached for it. Her hand connected and his warmth immediately traveled through her like a bolt of something familiar, making her feel light inside.

He was soft, chiseled, and toned as she expected him to be. She couldn't remember the last time she had connected with a man. Or maybe she could but didn't really want to.

He slowly turned around at her touch. A look of serenity was written all over his face and a smile rested on his vibrant, hazel eyes. Although alluring, there was something hidden behind them. Something dark, dangerous perhaps. They told an unread story.

Unintentionally judging a book by it's cover, she never knew she could like a color so much. She couldn't help but smile too as her hands went down and joined together. How she ended up here with someone so beautiful, strong, and opposite of her, she didn't know. But she did know, she never wanted to leave.

"Hey there, gattina," he grinned with his forearms still laid on the balcony, not bothering to stand up fully.

"I'm sorry, I ruined your view," Ariella joked, looking down and fiddling with her fingers as she shifted her weight back and forth, nervously.

"Ahh, it's okay," he said, coolly.

His arm snaked around her waist unexpectedly, and he gently pulled her to the balcony before he looked into her eyes. A moment of hazel against blue. "I think I found a better one."

Only one thought floated around in her mind now.

How long would it last?

This more of a sneak peak of what's to come than a prologue but it's what Inspired me to start. I'm really excited about writing this book and I hope you all love it.

Please vote and comment!!

Instagram: @authoraliceamonet 💙