Chapter 9

"Alizeh, did you leave from the salon? If not, then please go straight home and go to mom's room. She forgot the jewelry which was supposed to be gifted to your MIL. Please do bring it along with you."
My brother texted me.
I didn't knew, Mom have bought jewelry for my Mother in law neither did she mention anything about it. I didn't put much thought to it and left the salon. I told the Driver to drop me home first.
I can't believe, my brother is telling me to bring jewelry to the hall on my own Mehndi. He should've got it himself.
As soon as I reached home, I found the door open which was strange because no one should be home at this time.
I reluctantly stepped inside the house and went straight to mom's room. I looked around but couldn't find the jewelry box. Just then I heard the door behind me being shut. The first thing that came to my mind was that there is a burglar behind me. I didn't moved, thinking he would shoot me if I make a move.
I felt like someone hugged me from behind. I screamed as loud as I could, just to get spun by the person holding me. My eyes went wide upon seeing the person in front of me.
"Shahveer.." I gasped just as our eyes meet
He had his smirk on his face and he didn't let me go.
I tried to get out of his grip but to no success. I purposely punched him in the stomach to make him get away from me. I glared at him, not knowing what to say I tried to leave but he grabbed my hand and pushed me on to the bed.
"What the heck are you trying to do? Are you even in your senses? What kind of a sick joke is this?" I yelled at him, not moving my eyes away from him expecting him to answer me.
"You can't marry Zubair." He finally spoke
I could feel anger boiling in me. I got up and pushed him harder.
"Why? Why shouldn't I? And who the freaking hell are you to tell me whom should I get married to?" I screamed to the top of my lungs. I glared at his eyes, I could feel him getting pissed as well. I could see rage in his eyes but I didn't let myself get intimidated.
"Because you don't love him and don't you freaking lie that you do." He said it through his teeth.
"Even if I don't love him, I'm still going marry him because he is the right guy for me."
"Stop it! Will you stop this stupid drama of yours?" He shouted back "We both know who is the right guy for you."
I looked at him, I couldn't find the words to answer him back. I stood there idly, taking deep breaths.
"Look Alizeh, whatever happen few years back we both can't change it but we can change our future. You never admitted your feelings and I never got the courage to admit mine. We both know that our family hate each other even if they pretend not to. When I got the news of your engagement, I thought I've lost you that's why I went back to Canada early. But each day I've spent there, thinking about your marriage.. I just couldn't take it anymore. I love you so much. I can't live without you." Shahveer cupped my face and looked softly into my eyes. "Please, don't marry Zubair. Say no to him. I will manage everything and I'll even deal with everyone. Don't punish both of us just for the sake of your family." 
I removed his hands and took a step back.
"It's too late and I've already made my mind. I'm not going to go against my family for a guy who've left me years back." I said as I looked away from him.
"I've other ways to make you agree with me. You know I can do anything after which you won't be able to think of marrying anyone else." He said as he takes a step towards me. I can't believe he would say such thing to me. I can't believe that he is the same Shahveer. I looked at him with complete shock.
I took a step backward as he was approaching me. Tears started to build up in my eyes. I slapped him across his face to make him stop.
"Get out" I shuddered as he takes another step towards me " leave me alone or else-"
"Or else what?!" He raised his voice while taking another step
"Shahveer, please. Leave" I hold back my tears but my voice made it clear that I was on the verge of crying.
He stopped and sighed before leaving the room