25. Chirping birds

Chapter 25
Chirping birds

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping their beaks off. I let out a groan and realized I'm still in the dress from yesterday.

I walk into the closet and grab a random pair of sweat pants and a random ling sleeve shirt, I put my hair in a ponytail and walk downstairs.

I take a seat in the sofa across from where Adam was sleeping and stare at him. I understand as to why people think it's creepy to stare at someone while they sleep, don't get me wrong I'm with them but looking at Adam is different. I stare at his figure and see a buff young man with tan skin, long eyelashes and a sleepy smile plastered across his face. Those puffy pink lips I adore were parted, the thought of his lips on my skin was inevitable. His perfect shaped chest was moving up and down to the rhythm of his gentle breathing. One of his hands, the right one, was next to him and his left hand was behind his head as if grabbing it. His black dust like hair was beautiful, every thread of hair, every root of hair was mesmerizing to look at.

"Take a picture it will last longer" I hear a voice snapping me back to reality.

"I-I'm sorry" I say full of embarrassment.

"It's okay" he said smirking.

His smirk immediately faded away at the memory of last night.

"I'm sorry" he said.

"For what?" I ask acting as if I didn't remember.

"For using my Alpha voice on you, for being stupid and for ruining our date" he said sadly looking down.

I walk up to him and throw myself at him to hug him.

"It's okay" I said smiling.

He hugs me back and it's as if the world had suddenly stopped. As if every second was frozen and the hands on the clock stuck in the same position forever.

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_

"You're cooking again?" I hear jackson ask.

At the sound of his voice I flinch and hit my arm with the hot frying pan.

"Oww" I cry, he immediately comes running towards me and grabs my injured hand. He starts to panic and yells for Adam to come because he doesn't know what to do. He finally decides to take pain away from my hand and my once tense face faded away. Adam rushes in and he takes a look at my hand and flinches.

A flash of pain shot through my hand and all up to my arm. I feel something get more tight and realize it's Jackson's hand squeezing mine in pain. I flinch and he realizes that he has hurt me. Adam slaps Jackson for hurting me and I manage to laugh a bit. They both smile at the sight of me laughing, as if my laughing through the pain gave them this source of hope as if everything was going to be okay and that kept me calm.

In less than 10 minutes the pain in my arm was gone but the scar remained. Adam managed to bandage my hand and everything was okay. I'm always getting hurt, why me? Is it cause I'm fragile?

"You okay?" I hear Adam's voice, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I nod and realize that I wasn't okay, I was sad and confused. As if my whole world had changed and well it did, my world had changed completely.

"I-I got to go" I say as fast as I can and ran to upstairs.

I suddenly realize that this house had tons of rooms; I look to my left and see 5 doors, I look to my right and see 4 doors. I run up to the 3rd door to my right and realize it was a guest room and I can hide there.

Confusion and realization had hit me like a bus. I try to get distracted by my thoughts with the birds chirping outside. Those careless birds with no responsibilities or lying family m. Those small birds that don't have a care in the world, they just fly, eat and sleep. Oh how I wish I was a bird, a baby bird. A small blue bird that is barely learning how to fly, I imagine myself as a bird. The wind hitting my face and wings and as the thought of that hit my mind I had deja vu. Adam and our date, the wind in my face felt so nice.

"Astrid?" I hear Adam call me as he opens the door. He enters and sees me on the bed. He hugs me and smiles.

His smile fades at the sound of the chirping birds, why would his smile fade at the sound of these happy birds singing. I stare at the window and see a bird in the window ledge, he stares at Adam and his chirping for loud and ugly.

"A warning" I hear Adam whisper.

"From who?" I ask.

He looks at me straight into my eyes and he let's out a scared breath. I could feel his anger and confusion in the middle of my chest.

"The moon goddess" he finally says.