Chapter I: The Enhanced and the Hitman

Chernobyl, Ukraine

November 5th, 2017

6 Months after the Endgame Incident

It was a dark and snowy night in Kiev Oblast. All the roads were closed because of a large blizzard in the area. But there was one vehicle still on the streets, headed to the ghost town Chernobyl. The car was bright red, with red light piping embedded in the sides and in the hood. Inside the car, the speakers suddenly kicked in. "We could report you for Grand Theft Auto." The driver responded. "I really want to hear you guys make that call. Hello? Police? My friend just stole her sister's car. Wait, that sounded bad." The man on the speaker responded. "We're 10 miles behind you. Why did you even call us out here? We nearly had a lead on Pirce." The driver responded. "I was searching through the remaining files, and I found it strange that he bought a building only a few miles away from the power plant mere days before the meltdown." Seconds later, the car arrived at an abandoned building, and the Amber jumped out of the red Acura. As she walked towards the building, she noticed there was a faint light coming from one of the windows. The voice came back on through an earpiece "You could have disclosed this to us earlier." Amber replied "I thought the proper response would be 'Gee! Thanks Amber for saving us so much time!' But I guess I expect too much."

Amber put on her cloak and mask, and quickly jumped through the window and into a warehouse. "Remember, you're on recon. Don't do anything until we get there." Inside, there were cages lined up in rows. Dangling above were banners with a hammer and sickle. On one wall, there were pictures and strings connected to each other. As Amber kept walking along the rusty cages, one of them moved. Amber quickly turned around to find a child looking through the bars, with fear in her eyes. She was looking at a metal door. Amber stood there in disbelief. "Why would Pirce kidnap children and bring them here?" Suddenly, the door opened, and a man in a suit stepped forward. "Simple Natalie. To create the ultimate soldiers to destroy you and your team. Do not take this setup the wrong way. I love and care for these troubled kids as if they are my own. And I gave them something they never had before." Amber interrupted his statement. "What might that be?" Pirce coldly replied, "Security." With that, he pulled a lever, and small doors across the room, and shadows zoomed out of the doors. Near instantly, Amber was blindsided with a strong force, only to see a shadow in a mask. More and more of these beings running out of the doors, and from above. When Amber looked closely, she noticed that they were not creatures, but rather people. All at once, they lunged towards Amber as fast as they could. Amber fought them off the best she could, easily taking the unarmed ones down. But then more came out, but they had a reddish glow on their faces. Instantly, they spat fire and shot flames from their hands. As they moved closer, Amber was forced to devise a plan. She couldn't use her powers because of the toxicity in the oxygen inside the building. But it had almost no effect on these enhanced beings. Not a moment too soon, there was an explosion.

The glass roof caved in as three more shadows joined in on the fight. The Blue armored ninja tossed multiple Shurikens in an attempt to force some of the enhanced to back off. When Bluestone, Ruby and Stone landed, they pulled out their weapons. Bluestone wielding a staff, Ruby with a pair of red swords, and Stone with two batons. Amber than said "I could have handled these low lives myself." Stone then replied "I would have thought the proper response would be: Gee! Thanks guys for coming in to even the odds of this fight! But I guess we expected too much." Bluestone interrupted: "Stay focused. Simply neutralize them, they may be part of something much bigger." The four continued to take out the impressionable soldiers. In the corner of her eye, Amber noticed Pirce stepping out of the light. She knew she couldn't let him escape again after six months of searching for him around the world. It had to end there. She quickly stormed after him, yelling "Come back and fight you coward!" Bluestone saw her run and yelled "Amber! Wait!" But she didn't hear him. "Everyone, turn on your gas mask filters." The three Elites then pressed a button on their masks, causing the filters' lights to turn a bright green. Stone then pulled a pin on his suit, and dropped a bomb filled with Fentanyl instead of C4. The bomb then released the knockout gas into the air, making every last enhanced pass out on the floor. Bluestone quickly began to walk through the metal door. He said "Get all the children out of those cages and take them to the nearest city. I'll meet with you guys later." Ruby and Stone quickly started breaking the locks on the cages.

In the snow, Pirce continued to run towards the woods ahead. Before he could make it, a silver and yellow ninja star landed in front of him and exploded. Before he could go around, he was knocked down by Amber and landed face down in the snow. Pirce grabbed his pistol and started to shoot at her. Before a bullet could even touch her, Amber generated a translucent yellow shield with a silver dragon on it in the center. When Pirce got up and attempted to outrun the infuriated superhuman, Amber fired spheres at his legs and caught him. She then began to pull him back. "You don't understand. I cared for those children. I PROTECTED THEM! THIS IS A MISTAKE!" Amber cruelly replied "I don't give a damn what you did! What I want is for you to pay for what you've done to me and my friends!" Pirce replied: "But..." Amber quickly interrupted, and pulled out a tactical knife. "But nothing! Say one more word, and I'll... I'll cut your heart out!" She looked straight into Pirce's eyes, and realized that things were already bad enough. She took the knife, and tossed it to the ground, right next to his head. "If you kill a killer, the amount of killers in the world stays the same." Suddenly a voice spoke. "That's a Batman reference isn't it?" She turned around to see a man in a silver mask. Pierce was on the ground, with a dark blue spiraled blade in his back, and blood all over. The masked man then said "Don't be afraid to do what you must." Suddenly, in a cloud of smoke, he vanished. Moments later, Bluestone caught up, and he saw Pirce's body lying on the floor, as the blood-stained snow was beginning to spread. "What did you do? What have you done!" Amber quickly replied "You think I did this?" Bluestone sternly replied "After working with us for over a year, we thought we could trust you to make your own decisions and not kill your enemies!" "I could have done it. I should have. But I didn't." Amber replied. Sirens blared, red and blue lights were beginning to get brighter. "The police are here. I'll sort this out. You will wait in the car until I get back. And to make sure you do, I'll be taking your keys." Bluestone saw the knife from the corner of his eye. He then used all his strength and pulled the knife from the body. The spiral blade was a dark blue, unlike Amber's regular gold and silver weapons. Something wasn't right.