Chapter XII: Faceoff

Elites Base II: The Cave

2:17 am

Bluestone landed at the bottom of a slide that lead him into the Cave, a secret bunker for the Elites. It was nearly as large as the Atrium. It had 3 different floors: the armory, the ground floor, and the vault. Ruby and Stone were already inside. Stone was in a seat, with his wounds being bandaged. "Guardian, how's it coming?" Bluestone said over the intercoms. "A few more adjustments and we should be ready." Guardian replied. Bluestone then went to Stone at the chair and said "We need to get you out of this one. I don't think you can take much more of this." Stone replied "I'll manage. I took the cut, I can take a few more."

Rogue Laboratories

The entire building had been abandoned, with only one tube remaining. The liquids were rising at a terrifying rate. Just as the fluids filled the container entirely, Amber took a deep breath, and dove under. She reached into the pipe that brought water in, and she froze the pipe. After that, Amber pushed another tube out, and reached for a lever. She used the last of her strength, and pulled the lever down. Instantly, the pod fell to the floor and shattered. Amber lied on the cold floor and spat up the fluids that had entered her body. She then hacked the computers and contacted the Base "Amber to Atrium. Come in Atrium." She got no response from the Elites in the Atrium. "Amber to Cave. Amber to Cave." After a few moments, she received a response from Guardian "Amber? Where are you? We need you here. We're getting run down." Amber replied "You need to modify all weapons to be heat-emitting. The Shadows can't handle high temperatures. I'm on my way. I'll be there soon." Amber then fled the building and headed home.

Elites Base II: The Cave

After a few more moments of preparation, there were explosions in two different areas around The Cave. Seconds later, the shadows were flying into the bunker ready for a fight. Ruby pulled out special black escrima sticks with vents with flames inside. Stone generated a pair of gauntlets. The two then began plowing through horde after horde of shadows. The two managed to take out many in their struggle, while Bluestone made his way to the vault. Many shadows went after him as well. "What's taking so long?" Guardian replied "A few final tweaks. I've received some crucial information from..." "Open the damn doors already!" Bluestone yelled as he made his way closer to the vault. Finally, Guardian opened the doors and Bluestone ran in and yelled "Close it!" As the doors slowly closed, Bluestone threw all his stars at the closest shadows and shocked all of them. As they came closer, he pulled out a sword and cut five of their heads clean from their bodies. He then slid through the hydraulic doors as they closed shut.

On the balcony, Ruby was continuously taking down shadows left and right with the flaming batons when suddenly she heard a familiar voice "You would have made a nice Huntress. Somebody with your looks and skills would be a worthy candidate. Such a shame I'll have to kill you now." Onyx said. Ruby replied "Sapphire. Long time no see old friend. While I'm flattered, you are terribly mistaken. You'll be the one down by the end of tonight." Ruby then readied herself for a long fight. In an instant, Onyx rushed upon her, and stunned her quickly. When she turned around, Ruby was taken down in seconds. Onyx then slid out two daggers as Ruby got back on her feet. Before he could strike her down for good, she grabbed the blades and moved his hands. The two then continued to fight.