Chapter 5 - Groceries Shopping

[Geniuses and thieves: Gentle Bones]

Thea

Even though my mind wants to kill him and throw him in the river, I still think of him as my boss. So, no matter how mad I am right now, I need to act like it's fine. I have to. Right now, I'm on my way to the company. I wear blue jeans and a white blouse, then put my hair into a neat bun. For the last touch-up, I wore cream heels. I take my work and handbag before leaving the house. I am so thankful that my house is near the company and I don't have to wait for the bus or a cab to get there.

As soon as I arrived, I saw one black Jaguar parked in front of the entrance. That's really a dope car after the Audi, though. I really love that car. I love to see men driving sports cars because they will look so handsome and dashing. How I wish I could ride in one of those cars in the future. I walk into the lobby and make my way to my floor.

I almost have a heart attack when, the moment I open the door of my office, I see a figure sitting on the chair in front of my desk. "Are you just going to stand there?" Joseph said, and I closed the door and walked to my chair. "Is that you, grrrr, your boss?" I look at him. He wears a suit and looks so professional.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Sanchez," I answer.

"Are you always this late?" I look at my watch, and it's only 8:31 in the morning. oh shit!

"I am so, so sorry. I will try to not be this late again, Mr. Sanchez," I said, and I immediately gave him the three designs that I had already finished. He didn't say anything and took a look at my design.

"Do you think this is a kindergarten or what?! So colourful and look so bad!" I am surprised by his sudden outburst.

"I did my best. I am sorry." I don't know what to say when he yells at me like that.

"How many times do you want to apologise? Ms. Morris, I expect more than this ugly design. So you better make the best of the best before I fire you. You understand?" He looks at me with stern eyes. I nodded my head weakly, and with that, he walked out of my room and left me there alone.

Suddenly, my tears came out without any warning. I put my hand on my face and cried for about—I don't know how long—enough to make my eyes look fluffy and red. Right now I feel so tired, so I decided to go home. I walk out and go to the lobby to go home.

He has the right to make a comment about my work because he is the boss, but I never thought he was that picky. I let out a sigh.

*******

That night, I forced myself to go grocery shopping because if not, I was going to starve until tomorrow morning. Whether it's a good thing that I already finished unpacking my clothes and putting them on the dresser or not, it's going to take a long time to finish it. I wear black leggings and a long-sleeve shirt that says I'm a Savage on it. I put my hair in a ponytail, and I think I don't have to put on any makeup because it's night after all.

I take my purse and phone before going out, and now I'm on my way to go to the nearest supermarket with Parrish. I told him that I was going to buy some groceries, and he said that he would accompany me. At least I'm not having a hard time finding the supermarket by myself. "Do you always walk to go to the supermarket?" I ask him.

"Nope, I usually use my car, but tonight I feel like I Want to walk. Besides, it's not too far from our condo, only ten minutes walk." He said that, and I nodded my head.

After walking for like ten minutes, we finally arrived at the supermarket, and I took one trolley before going in. "What do you want to buy?" He asks me

"Literally everything, because I have none in my refrigerator." I chuckled, and he did too.

He just follows me like a boy who follows his mom grocery shopping. "How are we supposed to carry all this on our way home?" He pointed at my cart, and I looked at it.

"It looks like we're going to have a problem carrying all of this then. I think that's enough for today. Let's go and pay for it." The cart is almost full, and I just hope that this thing doesn't fall all the way home soon. We queue to wait for our turn to pay. A moment later, when the cashier had already finished putting all the things in the paper bag, I just sighed and looked at Parrish. I pay for it and then try to carry three paper bags in my hands. While Parrish also carries three paper bags. "This is crazy. I can't see the front." I said, and he laughed at me.

"How could you laugh at me?"

It's just funny. I think you need to grow more like me. You look like a little kid." He laughs again, and we walk outside. That's a good thing that there are only a few people.

"I'm 21 after all. And I'm big enough."

Yeah, and I'm 23, little sister." We continued to talk until we saw our condominium. Not we, actually; only he can see it because these paper bags didn't let me see it. Also, I almost tripped a few times, but thank God I didn't fall down, or else that's going to be a real problem.

"Thank you so much for allowing me to buy those things," I said after we arrived at my house.

"Not a big problem. So I'll see you on Monday, then. Goodnight. We bid goodbye, and then I close the door. Well, now it's time to put all those things in the refrigerator. It takes me like twenty minutes to finish it all. And now I'm in bed and ready to sleep. What a long and tiring day!

I don't like grocery shopping. Like really.

__________________________________________________________________________________

So, actually, this is when Thea is still 21 and Joseph is 24. So the next chapter will be two years later.

How about Chapter 5?

Don't be shy; tell me how you feel about this chapter!

Vote

Comment

Share

*****

Much love from me.

Little munchkins