Chapter Five

Happy Holidays!

*Bailey/Pup*

  I groaned as I sat down on the swing that was behind the clubhouse and I watched as everyone partied away without a care in the world.

   "Well baby," I sighed staring down at the bright grey eyes of my Zita. "This is our family craziness and all but we love no matter what. Right baby?"

   Zita giggled and I smiled gently rubbing her cheek as I stated humming the lullaby that I remember my mom singing to me when I was little.

  "Little wolf how sweet you sound the lullaby you howl, high on the hill you shine like a star, little wolf howl your sweet lullaby," I sang softly as I rocked the swing gently as I watched Zita doze off.

  "Been a long time since I heard you sing," a male's voice said and I looked up to see Deke staring down at me. "You sound like an angel."

  "Thanks," I smiled as he sat down beside me and started rocking the swing. "How have you been?"

  "Good," he nodded. "I do odd jobs here and there, still train at the ring when I have free time but never do the fights."

  "That's nice," I nodded remembering all the times I patched him up after a fight.

  "You still dancing?"

  "Yep," I nodded. "I teach contemporary and I took up pole dancing classes."

  "You pole dance," he choked.

  "Yes," I giggled. "But I only do that in the privacy of my own home because I don't think my uncle would approve of me doing that in front of people or as my actual job. I only do it for fun and that's it."

  "I think several people would lock you in a room if you did that as a job," he said with a chuckle. "Who came up with the name Zita?"

  "I did," I said smiling sadly. "Zita was my mom's middle name and Justin liked it."

  "It's a cute name," he said reaching over and rubbing a finger down Zita's cheek causing her to smile in her sleep. "She seems like a sweet baby cub."

  "She is unless someone picks her up that isn't me and then she turns into the baby from hell with the screaming," I smiled. "The first time she did it Uncle Diego was holding her and she scared him so bad that he almost dropped her but as soon as I had my arms around her she stopped and just smiled up at me."

  "She's a Mama's cub," Deke laughed and I nodded.

   "When did you and Tommy get patched in?" I asked.

  "Six months after you left," he said. "I took the name Butch while he took Knockout."

  "One punch Knockout," I giggled and he chuckled.

  "Yeah, seemed to fit better that brass knuckles."

  "I remember when we first met him," I said thinking back to middle school. "First day of sixth grade and the sherriff's son said something mean about me and Tommy hit him once and he knocked him on his butt and he was out for the next couple of hours."

  "Dean was a idiot back then," Deke chuckled. "He's gotten better and his now lead detective of the homicide department, he also has fiance and a four year old little boy."

  "I'll have to stop by and see him soon," I hummed resting my head on Deke's shoulder. "I missed this."

  "What?" Deke asked.

  "The closeness of all of this," I hummed. "I miss talking to you. I miss my best friend, the one I could tell everything to, the one that knew everything about me."

  "I screwed up didn't I," he sighed. "I know this is late and won't really make up for everything but I'm sorry for yelling at you and scaring you."

  "Just promise me you won't do it again," I mumbled moving Zita so she was on shoulder.

  "I won't hurt you ever again," he said and I hummed closing my eyes.