21.

Rachel

In just two days my whole life crumbled before me.

I was mad at myself but I was even angrier at Jazmine.

How could she do this?

I wasn't done with her. I marched over to her room and was in shock at the sight before me. There she laid, in a pool of her own blood.

"Jaz...Jazmine? No, no, no baby no!" I said as I ran to her and cradled her lifeless body. "Jazmine! JAZMINE!! Wake up!! HELP!! SOMEONE HELP!!" I screamed.

Tears fell as it was apparent my daughter was dead.

How did this happen? Who did this? Why?

"What's all the...Oh my God! Aunty...Mum...Jazmine? What's happened?" Sariyah screamed.

"Get help! Call the ambulance, call the police! Call somebody!!" I said before Sariyah ran off. "Jazmine I'm so so sorry... I'm sorry for everything. This is all my fault, I know this now. Please, I hope you didn't die hating me or thinking I hated you. I could never. I'm so so sorry baby." I said as I kissed her head.

"Rachel?" I heard Eddie say.

I turned to him.

"No. Jaz? Get away from her."

"Eddie!"

"No! Get away from her! Get away!" He said as he moved me out the way and cradled her instead.

"She's my daughter too!"

"She stopped being your daughter the minute you sold her body to that RAPIST! Where is he? It's obvious he did this! Call the police! Now!!"

"Sariyah's doing it!"

"Good. You better get yourself a lawyer too. Because you're getting arrested tonight!"

"What? I didn't do this!"

"Yes, you did! If it ain't for selling your daughter then it's for this murder. Because both have you written all over it!"

"I could never!"

"Oh yeah? Well, what were you doing here then? Huh?"

"I... I came... I came to talk to her."

"About?"

Silence. Whatever I said would sound bad.

"That's what I thought. Better have a good alibi because if you don't you're number two suspect after Eric! NOW LEAVE!!"

I did as I was told and left. I ran out to the back garden and cried. My daughter was dead and I was being accused of murdering her by my husband! I never killed her... I never!

***

Zack

All the screaming had me leave my room to see what was going on. I bumped into Sariyah.

"What's going on?"

Sariyah just stared at me. Never said a word, just stared.

"Aunty Ja...no. Mum... no. Argh it all sounds weird. Your mum..." She said as she waffled on.

"What's the bitch done now?"

Sariyah started crying.

"Cuz, I mean sis... yeah, you're right it sounds weird. Why are you crying?"

"She's dead... Mums dead."

"What? What do you mean she's dead?"

"Grandma was screaming, I went to see what was going on and saw her holding her. She's dead Zack."

"No no no!" I said as I ran to her room.

There she laid lifeless in grandads arms.

"Grandad..."

"I'm sorry son. We're too late."

"NOOOOOOO!!" I said as I ran over to them. "Mum! Mum! Wake up!"

"Son..."

"No! I told her she's dead to me and now she's dead! I didn't mean it. I. Didn't. Mean. It." I said as I hit the floor.

"We all said a lot of things son. We know. We also know who the killer is."

"We do?"

"Yes... Eric."

"I'm going to KILL HIM!!" I said as I got up to go find him. "ERIC!! ERIC YOU DIRTY PERVET!! ERIC YOU SICK RAPIST!! ERIC YOU MURDERER!! WHERE ARE YOU?! SHOW YOUR FACE!! ERIC!!!!" I shouted.

He wasn't in his room, he wasn't in the kitchen, he wasn't in the family room. I headed back upstairs and that's where I saw him... standing there looking like a deer caught between headlights.

"What? What's all the shouting?"

I didn't say anything I just ran to him and went for him. I punched him to the ground where I then kicked the shit out of him.

"ZACK!!" I heard people shouting as they tried to stop me.

"Zack stop just stop!!" Sariyah screamed.

I looked at her and then at everyone.

"My mum is dead... this sick bastard killed her!"

"Wh..What? No. No I never." He winced.

"Wait? Your mums what?" Dwight questioned.

"She's dead...grandad has her, he's in her room." I said.

I started looking at everyone, Eric claims he didn't do it. But my mums dead. Someone had to do it. If it wasn't him then who?

********************