Chapter 8 : Reconsideration

"Come out here!" Alice called out, I was extremely reluctant; this lingerie was practically string. I cautiously stepped out of the dressing stall to let her see. I didn't let her see the attire for long, hoping the outfit would distract her from the scars that littered my skin.

"Damn girl, if I didn't already have a mate I'd tap that!" I blushed and went back into the room to try on more clothes.

By the end of our spree I was stocked with more undergarments than I would ever need. As we continued on, store by store, the amount of money she was spending was growing larger and larger. By now I had clothes of almost every kind.

"How much are you spending? I don't want you to go bankrupt." I inquired, feeling uneasy about the whole trip. She waved a hand, dismissing those thoughts.

"Oh don't worry about it, we're Royals, money doesn't mean much to us." I sighed, "Come on, the last thing we need to get you are some dresses." I groaned. This would be so much fun.

Alice said that we needed to look for proper dresses for formal occasions. And by dresses, she means full length gowns that intimidate me just by looking at them. Her first priority was to find a gown for the Luna Ceremony. I was required to wear white.

We went through countless dresses in search of the perfect one. After finding a few more we narrowed it down to the best three from our pile. As Alice was sorting through, a certain dress caught my eye.

It had lace sleeves connecting to the lining of the collarbone, the upper body of it tighter fitting as the rest flowed down in fluffy cascades. I pointed it out to her and Alice went bat shit crazy trying to get me to put it on.

And once I did, it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Alice gasped at the dress, "It's perfect!" She exclaimed and for once I agreed

Alice gasped at the dress, "It's perfect!" She exclaimed and for once I agreed. With my troubled past, I knew I could never become a Luna, but the dress is so absolutely gorgeous that it made me reconsider at least trying.

Our next and final mission was my coronation dress. I complained and whined to Alice about why I can't just use the same one but she refused. Apparently it was tradition that I'm not allowed to break.

This entire trip was pointless. The moment they all find out about what happened to me, they'll never look at me the same, and my mate will have to find someone new.

Honestly though, with the way he's been acting, I wouldn't even mind.

Hopping from different boutiques we spent ages looking for another great dress. For this event I could not wear white as I was meant to be dressed in royal color(s). Royal Blue represented the Royal Wolf Pack.

If you thought finding a proper white dress would be hard, think again. Many stores do not carry the royal blue color we were looking for. That was, until we came across this extremely high end shop. I was scared to even touch the dresses they sold.

We told the employee what we were looking for and she came back with the dress of the same color and style we wanted.

The dress she had chosen and found for us was floor length, and had lace lining the top. The color blended down to the top area that had looked very fitted, which then flared out until it reached the floor. The dress had a slight sparkle that really drew me in.

I gave Alice a look as if to say 'That's the one.'

After I tried it on, our thoughts were confirmed

After I tried it on, our thoughts were confirmed. This too, was breathtakingly gorgeous and jaw dropping. Holy cow, I felt like an actual princess. Well technically, queen, but who cares? Alice pretended to tear up when she saw me in the dress, "They grow up so fast." She pretended to cry and I couldn't help but giggle.

****

Once we made it home I felt exhausted. I didn't realize how much Alice actually spent until I stole the receipts from her purse. I stormed inside holding half the bags we bought.

"Alice! Ten-thousand dollars?" I emphasized, not caring if Sebastian and the King were eavesdropping.

"In my defense you weren't supposed to see those." I groaned in frustration. I didn't want them to spoil me. It was their money not mine. Plus, who the hell buys this many clothes? I'm extremely grateful but I can't help but feel guilty.

"When did you even buy most of these? We didn't even go to this boutique!?" I exclaimed. I'm going to need more than one closet for all of this. I've never had this much of anything, even as the Alpha's daughter.

Alice scratched her neck sheepishly and laughed, "I may or may have not have gone while you were buying the food." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I really don't even want all this. Even the clothes I had before would've been fine. This--" I gestured to the countless bags we carried in, "is an overkill." I could hear Sebastian snickering over by the kitchen counter. I threw a shoe at him as payback and this, effectively shutting him up.

Alice laughed and gave me a high five, "Nice aim." I began laughing with her, helping each other drag the bags up the staircase.

Once we lugged them all to my bedroom, I smiled softly, "You know, I really needed this today. Especially with everything going on between me and the Alpha, it was nice to have a day to relax a little."

"Anytime, babygirl," She said in the deepest voice she could manage, effectively making me laugh.