chapter 4

It's been months after the accident,  and Sean's funeral but the incident still remained fresh in my memory. I have been having nightmares since I came back from the hospital. My mom on the other hand is planning my baby shower; she insisted after I turned down the request. My dad has been busy with work. He has to be around during the meetings since I can't be present and also sign some important documents that the workers can't. The rumor about my pregnancy has been all over the place. Some  people show sympathy while other laugh under their breath like they predicted it. My phone rang and it was the private investigator incharge of our case.
"Am I speaking to Ms.Jeamal", he said in a nice voice, but it sounded like he was distracted in the backround.
"Yes".
"I would like to set an appointment with you whenever your free".
"Ummm, how about Friday", I smirked. I wasn't busy to even check my schedule.
"What time would you like", He asked.
"1:00pm", I said making a mental note of that.
"Good, see you on friday", he said. I disconnected the call and checked my messages. Bryan texted more than twenty times.

SEAN POV

"How was the date dear?",  Ms.Deamria asked looking through the magazine on her laps. She looked up to face her son who was lost in thought.
"Sean?".
"Yh, yh. I hear you". he blinked twice trying to make sense of what his mom asked.
"Oh god, I hope you didn't act like this yesterday. How was the date?". She asked again this time paying close attention to him.
Sean smiled widely as the image of Yancy came back to him. " I loved it", he replied.
"Good, because we have to move fast".
Sean hesitated a little, "Mom, how is J doing?".
Ms.Deamria grimaced, "forget about her now, she served her purpose. The plans we have is way past worrying for a low class." she said with venom.
Sean nodded.

The door bell rang while I was in the kitchen with my mom. I started craving homemade brownies, and my mom was more than happy to make me some.
Recently, I have been contemplating going to the gym, but my parents would freak out just hearing the idea. My mom answered the door, and it was Celay just in time was Sean's mother too. Celay and I went upstairs to my room.
"Boo, do you think I should hit the gym?', I asked her while staring at my reflection in the mirror. She looked up from her cellphone with her mouth open.
"Have you lost it, This pregnancy looks good on you". She stood up from the bed and joined me in the mirror.
"Boo, I mean look at those boobs and how beauitful your skin looks", she said measuring them with her hands. I laughed pushing her hands away.
"If I where a guy, I would totally fall..not to talk about how you grew an ass overnight", she said in a funny tone. I rolled my eyes and went into my closet.
"Yeah I forgot to tell you Boo, I have a meeting with the private investigator  on Friday", I said looking through a pile of cloths.
"OH", she said not bothering to ask any questions. "Are you going alone?", she asked holding up a peach colored jacket.
"Yup".
"You want me to tag along boo?.
"Nah, you have fashion week coming up right".
She nodded but still making a fuss about coming along.

Ms.Deamria left after she overheard the conversation with Celay about going to see the detective.
She made a phone as the driver made his way into the freeway, " I should keep a close eye on her and that unborn child even if it means.....,no one must find out".

****Thank u for reading********
*****Do u think J and her baby would be safe??...and Who is this Bryan guy??".*******