5. "that's one nice top"

The energizing smell of coffee in the morning is what I live for. Our group met up at this little cafe in the heart of campus to catch up on gossip and get some breakfast before class. I've been ignoring Anthony and he's very ticked off. I know that it's slightly petty and immature of me but I can't get over what he said to me. Though I will say he's really putting up a fight.

He would drop my name in conversation every once in a while like I wasn't there, or accidentally brush by me pretending like he doesn't see me. I guess two can play at this game. In class today, he still came up and sat next to me, but he seemed uneasy about it. The first time he tried to talk to me since that night, and he tried to apologize but I still shut him down.

It's crazy how another week flew by already. Time with Sawyer is always fleeting. It feels as though I'm always leaving as soon as I arrive. I'd come over and sleep with him, though he barely sleeps, and we'd study together. He studies so much. After all of that, it would only be to find out that it's Sunday night again and I gotta drive back to school.

I found out really fast that in college, there are people who excel in all their classes, like Anthony, and people who don't, like me. Although he's made it his goal to sleep with nearly half the girl population in the school, he somehow manages to get almost all straight A's.

Today on my way back to the dorm, he decided to ambush me. After my first attempt to ignore him, he stepped in front of me, blocking my way. The headphone in one of his ears was blaring music and I could faintly hear some rock song playing. "Look, I only said that because I've been in a long distance relationship before, and it ended badly." He holds my shoulder, preventing me from leaving. I notice these scars on his arms, revealed as his sleeve slightly rolls up. I wanted to bring them up to him but I also didn't want to pry. Not like he would tell me anyway.

You'd think that I would just step aside and escape. In no way was his hold on me that strong, but I stayed anyway. He challenges me and I don't know what it is about him.

"That's it?" I mutter. "What?" he asks, baffled. "That's the apology I get?" I say, sounding high and mighty. "I--didn't mean it?" he tries again, unsure of how to react. I roll my eyes and continue walking forward but he runs in front of me again. I can tell this boy has lost whatever sensitive bone he had in his body, but he's clearly trying to fix things and I believe everyone deserves a second chance.

"You really gotta work on that," I say, referring to his lack of compassion. "So are we cool?" he verifies. I sigh and just as I was about to open my mouth to speak, I see Camille and the rest of the group exit the building in front of us and begin walking our way.

"You guys wanna have a pre-game for the party tonight in my car?" Clark offered, though it appeared by his eyes, he didn't need it. The guys agreed excitedly and Parker along with them. Camille shot him an annoyed look at first, but considering that Parker is now friends with Anthony's entourage she had to let him go and do his own thing.

"Come on Holly we got plans of our own anyways." She pulled me away and as we split up, the last sight I catch is Anthony's disappointed face.

~

I was just strolling through the aisles, running my hands along the long racks of clothing and humming along to the overplayed pop song playing loudly on the speakers.

I got this research paper due in a week so I'm stressing out over it. I'm already avoiding homework and the semester has barely just started.

We've got another party to go to tonight and I don't have anything to wear, according to Cam, so here we are. I'm kinda getting over this whole partying thing but I have no choice.

"How's this?" She sneaks up behind me, holding up a bright red, low cut, satin top with tiny delicate straps. It's really extravagant so I look at the price tag. "With what money?" I ask her dismally. Right now we're both living off of the money our parents send to us weekly. I'm seriously in need of a job but, I've applied everywhere and I'm all out of options.

"Just try it on." She flings it at me and we begin walking towards the fitting rooms.

"Trust me, tonight is going to be loads of fun." She winks, before shutting the changing room curtain on me dramatically.

I slid it on and admired the way it sat on me. For some reason, it was a perfect fit. Cam really had an eye for these kinds of things. It accentuated my waist and brought the focus to my breasts due to the revealing cut of the top. It would look remarkable with jeans.

I step out of the room without saying a word.

"Perfect."

~

We show up and the house is pretty small. There was a wave of people singing karaoke in the living room as we walked in and suffice it to say it was not good. After we had made it to the couch, Camille was waiting excitedly and I was zoned out, feeling out of place. She cleared her throat and pulled on my arm to get to me to snap out of my trance.

"Can you get me a drink?" she grinned.

I rolled my eyes and groaned. "Can't you get it yourself?" I whined. Tonight, all the noise and drinking is getting to me, I have too much on my mind.

"Please?" She nagged me, relentlessly. I glanced over at Parker who also seemed busy, in admiring her bra strap, so I just got over myself and pushed through all of the people to find my way into the kitchen where all the bottles were lined up.

I was in the midst of searching for a suitable drink for her when my hair is moved aside and I hear a low whisper in my ear. "That's one nice top." I could hear the desire in this familiar voice.

I turned around and shrieked instantly at the sight of Sawyer's beautiful smirk. The thrill of seeing him got to me so I jumped right into his arms and wrapped my legs around his strong torso. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist to support me. I really loved hearing his laugh. I didn't think it was possible to fall in love with someone's voice, but somehow I did.

I felt his head nuzzle into my neck so I held onto him even tighter. The smell of his cologne got me in a frenzy and I couldn't get enough.

"Don't worry, Holly. I'm here."

Next update: July 15
<3

Guys, I am so so sorry for leaving unannounced like that! I know everyone was ready and excited for the update and I feel really bad about delivering it so late! I was dealing with some personal issues recently, then on top of that I decided to get sick so I had to take some time off. I'll be back to writing and uploading now and thank you all so much for understanding! Sorry again.