End of book message

Always—first and foremost—I'd like to properly thank everyone for taking the time to read my story to its end, going along with me on this weird and emotional adventure.

Although a short piece, this work meant the world to me when it was first published. I worked everyday during the summer, determined to create and finish a story better than my past.

A story that touches the spectacle of love, tragedy of abuse and more, Football Boys is meant to make you smile and cry. Whether or not it did that for you, my readers, it did for myself.

As my writing technique grows in maturity with each book and short-story that I piece together, I strive to bring along with it my love for my characters, working to make every person unique and real. For this story and every one after it, you all can be the harsh judges of that.

Yes, I'm proud of what it has become.

Of course as any artist paints their first canvas, singers sing and record their first melody, and writers mark their first words to a page, we as creators will traverse paths of uniqueness that lead to wondrous success and peace. But ultimately, we'll sometimes turn to tread the sands of time, to visit our first experience, our first love. We see flaws more than anything, but we see progress through it all.

Looking back on this story after almost two years, I can say that I wish it could've been bigger, reached different and higher levels of impact with its words, its characters and its topics. I want it now more than ever to be... simply amazing.

So the next version of it will be just that.

For all those invested in the story, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Don't worry! I won't change my babies too much, but they'll be more like how I'd envision my own friends, the people I encounter everyday, their mannerisms... how they'd act as strangers if they were to meet me or you on the street. They will breath and cry and laugh and be just as weird as me.

Of course, this version will stay.

By the time my page is flooded and overrun with the tales of fantasy and romance, this story will have lived longer than any other and will always be the original.

Anyway, like any architect, I'd like to visit it my first work, see it's old weathered structure and all.

Spending time reading your messages and comments regarding this book in such love, I can't tell everyone how grateful I am for it all.

It only makes me appreciate my flaws even more.

Although...

It's strange, because I never thought I'd fall head over hills for a story, but... here I am... falling.

{ How was the book? Comment on this sentence

{ How was the book? Comment on this sentence. }

If you want, give me your thoughts and predictions on what the new version might include.