7♛

Maximus POv

I paced around the apartment confused as to why I was here anyways

I paced around the apartment confused as to why I was here anyways. This was getting creepy. She barely knew me and yet here I was pacing impatiently around her apartment building. Who did I think I was? We were barely friends and it was evident that she was scared of me. I was a joke. A person showed me the slightest concern and here I was wanting to meet her again. It was psychotic, absolutely psychotic.

She made me feel human and somehow seemed to calm the storm that raged inside of me. After what seemed like an eternity but was just a year and a few months, someone actually talked to me without bringing it up and it was all thanks to the hoodie. I didn't want to take it off because with it I could actually hold a conversation with her without it eventually being awkward.

I needed to get back outside to the world. Not because anyone was concerned but because I knew that he wouldn't have liked seeing me like this. He would have wanted me to go out and live a normal life and I was trying, I was actually trying, but everywhere I went and everyone I conversed with would get awkward. It used to be due to my royalty but now it was due to both my royalty, the event and my disappearance.

I used to be very social but even that wouldn't have stopped people from getting awkward around me after a few good sentences and now that I was back and my social life destroyed, it was worse. I felt less human everyday.

I look up at her dark apartment that indicated she wasn't back home. She talked to me like I wasn't royalty, like I was just a normal guy. The few conversations we had made me feel the closest to human and they were barely awkward. I was aware she opened up to me because we didn't know each other very well and she predicted we wouldn't cross paths again, yet here I was. She was genuine around me and didn't act fake, nor fake laughed at every sentence I spoke. I was just another guy to her and I absolutely appreciated that. All thanks to a hoodie.

I shouldn't make it awkward and more creepy for her by being here. I should respect her privacy. And it was 10:00pm and I wasn't her friend to have any authority to show up this late to her house. I didn't want to ruin this genuine relationship I've made with someone other than my bodyguard. I was about to leave but then I saw her, dragging her feet and rubbing at her eyes vigorously. She looked like shit but still managed to somehow look good.

The decision of leaving was thrown to the back of my head. I wanted to feel normal again and she was able to do that, what was wrong with making a friend?
I felt selfish at the thought of disturbing someone this late at night just because I needed to feel normal. Every step towards her apartment was a step full of contemplation. It was selfish, absolutely selfish but I couldn't stop myself and I was already in the elevator.